pimes

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia x2, Zimbabwe, Botswana
Qatar - Munich via Doha to Harare = anyone experience with the paperwork to get the permit from Qatar airways that you can check in your rifel?
Wrote a Mail to Qatar’s customer service days ago = now answer up to now …

forget it.
Here the story of my day :

since SAA ceased to exist, Zimbabwe is no longer an option for me apparently.
I got a good end of season offer on buffalo.
I would have flown in the 1st week of November. Rain usually comes later.
I know the PH and hunting grounds on the Save River and was looking forward to it.
But there are no more reasonable flights from Munich WITH GUN to Harare.
I couldn't find anything on the internet.
So today I went to a renowned travel agency and came to the same conclusion: Forget it.
An international airport virtually on my doorstep (MUC) and then I am supposed to drive/fly to Zurich, Frankfurt or Paris, hoping that the weapons case will come with me and then make stops via Dubai and Lusaka to arrive in HRE 24 hours after departure.
The drive to the hunting area also takes six hours, I don't want to drive through Zimb by car at night and so I have to stay in a hotel in HRE for one night.
All this for 7 days of hunting takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Flight connections and optimal times from MUC are offered by Quatar Airlines, but they themselves have no idea how to deal with weapons and advised me to get an export and import licence for my weapon !!!!!.
They didn't know what exactly that was supposed to be. Besides, you don't check out there in Doha, you're in transit. So also a violance about the embargo regulations against Zimbabwe.Its a offence which can cost me my hunting license in Germany!!
A buffalo with a hired gun is out of the question.
A pity and a real pity.

You shouldn't postpone anything in life. It's becoming clearer and clearer to me, at the latest since Corona and the war in Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!