Wish me good success, I am headed out after Mountain Lion

ET1775

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States
Here it is, after months of putting my trail cam out over gut piles after processing hog/deer/bear/goat, etc. and getting coyotes, ravens, vultures, golden and bald eagles, magpies, wild turkey, and neighbors dogs coming to enjoy the feast... this morning I finally got a cat to come in and take a look around. Gut pile has been gone for days but the area must still smell enticing. Camera is 150 yards right behind my house.

I am headed out this evening to see if I can call this lion in.

A7BE2EA7-2D92-40AA-8D74-50829BE0E110.jpeg
CFC30751-AA51-478C-8E48-B3B5A618C98B.jpeg

Good luck. Make sure you have a tree at your back.

Thank you all. Unfortunately, this evening was anti-climactic. There is no night hunting allowed in this state and while I was out running errands I locked myself out of my truck at a gas station and by the time my wife got there to open it up for me it was getting late and we just got home at sunset. I will shoot for early morning start tomorrow.

Last week .... a trail cam pic taken with my phone off the screen.
Later, two bears knocked the camera out of commission.
20230601_140813.jpg

Best of luck on your hunt

Thank you all. Unfortunately, this evening was anti-climactic. There is no night hunting allowed in this state and while I was out running errands I locked myself out of my truck at a gas station and by the time my wife got there to open it up for me it was getting late and we just got home at sunset. I will shoot for early morning start tomorrow.
Ouch! I wish you better luck in the am.

Been there, Done that!
It sucks hind tit on a boar hog when this, or other stupid sh't happens because of self indulged brain farts happen.

Best of Luck to you on your cat hunt.

Here it is, after months of putting my trail cam out over gut piles after processing hog/deer/bear/goat, etc. and getting coyotes, ravens, vultures, golden and bald eagles, magpies, wild turkey, and neighbors dogs coming to enjoy the feast... this morning I finally got a cat to come in and take a look around. Gut pile has been gone for days but the area must still smell enticing. Camera is 150 yards right behind my house.

I am headed out this evening to see if I can call this lion in.

View attachment 537618View attachment 537619
Cool! What state are you in? I'm in WV, and we have some mountain lions (so they say), but I've yet to ever see one. The black bear is our State Animal and I've only seen a couple of them in the wild...

Yes, what state can you hunt cats in at this time of the year?

Cool! What state are you in? I'm in WV, and we have some mountain lions (so they say), but I've yet to ever see one. The black bear is our State Animal and I've only seen a couple of them in the wild...
I am in Oregon, lots of cougar but rarely seen. I am from Appalachia and there are a few around but Fish and Game will not confirm it. I know a guy that got one on a trail camera several years ago.

I just got back after nearly 4 hours in the woods. I had coyotes singing in response to the bird in distress call for a bit but they would not commit and come in. I had a big, striped skunk come around the tree beside me and almost ended up in my lap before he got wind and beat feet. And I found a mushroom bigger than my head.

...may have found lion track, but no lion standing in it.

50D7BB6A-4C7E-4C2E-B79C-3100DACFD3A0.jpeg
FC76F53D-9648-460F-8161-8EF4FDEFE3A2.jpeg
59BE565D-0945-4739-9574-0A966B2DD167.jpeg
2692C945-BD44-4538-AAA0-31689AD6E5D2.jpeg
9DF63A06-21D5-4FC0-AC87-E4273CB81FD9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That mushroom is a puffball. They are quite good if you find the smaller ones about the size of a tennis ball. When they get to the size that you found they are quite fibrous.

I once found a few the size of basketballs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg