Winchester Pre 64 300 H&H Import

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Its here!
Thanks to Deewayne2003, for his assistance in getting it ready for shipping to Australia. 6months to get here with black range handling the paperwork Reasonable Fees.
Impressed so quick clean and once over. Sight in with woodleigh 180 PPSN's (65D) Shoots, looks , feels great so a field trip organised
Deewaynes pics. 1950's pre 64 Supergrade 300 H&H, Leupold 2x7 original swivels. Sent to leupold before sending by Dwayne for service.
uazc0Z.jpg
7qywsY.jpg

Fiel test
Hit the dry creeks and a few carcasses from ten days ago. Starting to dry up and getting hot so got a few pigs Nothing spectacular but a good day and try out for the 300 H&H Not disappointed performed great heres. a few pics cheers Mick
First one running 120m 180 PPSN
eM38FK.jpg

breaking from bed in creek
UpuruC.jpg

wet feet recovering the next one, one each both young boars
V46b3g.jpg
2gHqH0.jpg

couple from a mob
Y7RCdh.jpg
xU60p6.jpg

Skop was next with new Sauer 338WM young boar wallowing, kicked into the river .
mBjoLE.jpg

recovery
MZHxEc.jpg
Bj0P1L.jpg
bIuh4r.jpg

185 TTSX
23URRZ.jpg

Resting heat of the day, comparison old and new
naRzdD.jpg

couple more
JBpS9i.jpg
1p9co7.jpg

Very very happy and big thanks to Deewayne, hope to repay him with a hunt when the flu is over Cheers Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
Another fine addition to you already superb collection of hunting firearms.

Nice, great report.

That is a beautiful looking piece in a wonderful caliber! Congratulations to you Sir.

Thanks for sharing. One thing for sure, Winchesters whether old or new generally shoot well. One of these days I like to run into an old 300 H&H mag like this one.

This is my pre-64 .300 H&H. I used it successfully on Grant's, Thompson's and Peters' gazelles, klipspringer, dik-dik, impala, common and deFassa waterbuck, gerenuk, fringe eared and Beisa oryx, sable, hartebeest and brindled wildebeest. This is me comparing the width of the horn spread of my impala with the 26" barrel on the H&H.
pix 021.jpg

I’m just glad it survived the journey; seriously I’ve had 3 rifles suffer broken stocks during shipping and insurance was a nightmare.

I remember finally shipping it off the the broker on February 8th after coming to the correct conclusion that Australia would be closed.
AA459457-8E98-4C82-BC02-41EA40B19BF7.jpeg

Glad to see you putting it to good use!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!