Winchester M70 300 H&H "Bull Gun"

...and now, the not so good news. One, the stock should have a metal butt plate. Two, the bolt is a type lll style. Notice the hole in the bolt handle and the safety lever. Type l rifles had solid bolts, and the safety lever was shaped differently.

This observation is not meant to demean the rifle, but to point out the rifle has had some modifications which, for collectors, reduces the value of the rifle. As others have suggested, if you decide to keep it put a period scope on it and shoot it.

Digging through my father's ignored gun safe I came across an interesting 300 H&H I wanted to pass along. The rifle is a M70 in 300 H&H with a factory heavy barrel / match set-up. I have never seen one of these "Bull Rifles" before. Serial number 38585. On online Winchester serial number look up site has year of manufacture as 1941.

View attachment 448431View attachment 448432View attachment 448433View attachment 448434View attachment 448435View attachment 448436
@roverandbrew
I may be barking up the wrong tree but it looks to me to have been set up as a 1,000 yard competition rifle for target shooting. Back in the day the 300 H&H set a few record in this match
B9b

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross