Winchester 70 Stainless Rifle Find

My ONLY concern would be that the hole up front may promote erosion over time, but it would probably take lots of shooting, and as you point out: worst case scenario, cut the barrel back behind it and recrown. In fact being a bit analo_Oo_O about such things, I would have already done so:eek::eek::D. The loss of an inch or so wont make any real world difference if it comes to that. Good score.

My ONLY concern would be that the hole up front may promote erosion over time, but it would probably take lots of shooting, and as you point out: worst case scenario, cut the barrel back behind it and recrown. In fact being a bit analo_Oo_O about such things, I would have already done so:eek::eek::D. The loss of an inch or so wont make any real world difference if it comes to that. Good score.
Yes I agree. But it shoots so well as it is, I hate to mess with it. I would think that it would take hundreds of rounds for any erosion to take place, and I just don't target practice that much to be honest. Also, I have so many other deer rifles, I have to alternate from year to year just to use them all. Lol!

If you really want to have some fun.... ream it out to 7x300 Win Mag! You'll get STW numbers with less powder and easy to find brass
The deer I hunt in Georgia are rarely over 300 yards, and most often less than 200. Just about all even semi flat shooting rifles are way more than I usually need. Heck, I shot three of my deer this year with a 300 Blackout. So, the 7mm Rem is more than I need already! I bet that 7mmx300 is a barn burner though!

I have parts for a 300 BO but i think i'm going to sell it all and go after a 300 Ham'R. My deer tend to be a little bigger and farther away in CO ;)

The 7x300 is pretty close to the 7mm Mashburn, which is what remington SHOULD have built in the first place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.