Winchester 70 Safari Cycling Issue?

Hi, Philip,
Can you explain this in more details?
What makes modern firearm different from vintage guns, when it comes to dry fire?

First time I hear that, and I am using dummy rounds for dry firing in rifles, but also in shotgun with single trigger.

Thank you in advance!
I am not a gun expert so I am not able to give details. All of the shooting instructors I’ve worked with insist you dry fire as practice and a couple times even setting up for a shot on a hunt. Good practice mad does nothing to the gun. Our fathers were working off bad experiences with guns made 100 years ago.
Philip

Thanks, phillip! Pascal gave very good explanation earlier. Personally, i do dry fire exercise always with dummy rounds.

All of the rounds eject crisply launching feet except for top one on the magazine which basically folds out and drops

Was it solved? If yes how?
I noticed the same on some guns. I thought it was either due to the pressure of the magazine spring, or the position of the cartridge, being stacked left-right-left-etc in the magazine... depending on the position of the top round in the magazine, it may -if not always well centered- slightly impair the ejection of the chambered one.

I have not had the issue using real ammo. As others here thought it might be issues with dummy rounds and I have to agree. Because I had shortage of ammo I have only rapid cycled and fired two groups of four rounds which cycled nicely I am still hesitant to say it’s all good. Currently i do not reload and was switching to Swift A Frames to see if i can pick up some accuracy. My TSX ammo was giving groups of 1.5 inches and hope the A Frames Can improve this. I now have a new supply of ammo and after deer season will have a firm answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg