Winchester 70 Alaskan 375 H&H

Just like the pre 64.

I love mine. Very good rifle. Smooth action

0BB8DED5-5580-48BE-B6A6-096F08A1E40D.jpeg
1B68DD43-D8B8-40DB-B526-280DAA52F45F.jpeg
74BCBE37-2DA7-469E-BEFF-53AC06FFE7F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.

@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.
Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Hello TOBY458, congrats on yor new rifle. I recently bought the exact same M70 Alaskan, but i asked a gunsmith to forge the iron sights as i was not confident in the switchable original ones. I shot a 3 bullets group at 20 meters that came out decent i guess, since the range was very dark and i shot standing up.

M70 group.jpg

Imo the Alaskan version is an amazing package for the price. As you mentionned it is surprisingly light.
Anyway i was amazed by the crisp trigger, i am eager to test the rifle with a proper scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois