Winchester 70 Alaskan 375 H&H

Just like the pre 64.

I love mine. Very good rifle. Smooth action

0BB8DED5-5580-48BE-B6A6-096F08A1E40D.jpeg
1B68DD43-D8B8-40DB-B526-280DAA52F45F.jpeg
74BCBE37-2DA7-469E-BEFF-53AC06FFE7F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.

@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.
Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Hello TOBY458, congrats on yor new rifle. I recently bought the exact same M70 Alaskan, but i asked a gunsmith to forge the iron sights as i was not confident in the switchable original ones. I shot a 3 bullets group at 20 meters that came out decent i guess, since the range was very dark and i shot standing up.

M70 group.jpg

Imo the Alaskan version is an amazing package for the price. As you mentionned it is surprisingly light.
Anyway i was amazed by the crisp trigger, i am eager to test the rifle with a proper scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg