Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Just like the pre 64.

GermanHunter

Reaction score
I love mine. Very good rifle. Smooth action

0BB8DED5-5580-48BE-B6A6-096F08A1E40D.jpeg
1B68DD43-D8B8-40DB-B526-280DAA52F45F.jpeg
74BCBE37-2DA7-469E-BEFF-53AC06FFE7F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Whacker

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
21 Brotherhood PSMC
Hunted
United States
@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
@TOBY458 I got mine about the same time as you...same Alaskan model. I absolutely love it, it feels well balanced and has a very smooth action. I did shoot mine with the sights before scoping as well but mine hit centered on the target but was about 6 inches low from the factory. This was with the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo as that was all I had available at the time until I just got in a shipment of 300gr TSX rounds. The next two days are the last of our deer season here for a special doe only hunt...I’m gonna try and get one with mine just to break it in. I love it so far...very accurate also.
Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.

Chamaan

Reaction score
Yes. They are very nice. Surprisingly well handling and quick to get on target. I was afraid the 25" barrel would be cumbersome, but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Hello TOBY458, congrats on yor new rifle. I recently bought the exact same M70 Alaskan, but i asked a gunsmith to forge the iron sights as i was not confident in the switchable original ones. I shot a 3 bullets group at 20 meters that came out decent i guess, since the range was very dark and i shot standing up.

M70 group.jpg

Imo the Alaskan version is an amazing package for the price. As you mentionned it is surprisingly light.
Anyway i was amazed by the crisp trigger, i am eager to test the rifle with a proper scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbdgreenesese

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?