WIN One of Three CRIES of the Savanna Book by Multi-award-winning Author Sue Tidwell in a Random Drawing Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.13.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.13.42 AM.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.13.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.13.57 AM.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.14.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.14.05 AM.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 62
Congrats to the lucky winners.

And I lose once again.........

LOL, yeah, me too. LOL!!! Congrats to the winners.

Thank you Sue.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Sue and Jerome for the opportunity!

Thank you for this awesome gesture Sue. I went ahead and purchased a signed copy anyway!

'Actually did have some practical suggestions on where best to market this book (lol in my late-night rant stage,) but when it comes to me again, I'll be sure to post...Ok..(Ethiopian coffee from Solude in CT is now finally kicking-in) one of the ideas was to inquire with various newspaper columnists, asking if they'd please review (and write a review of) the book. Perhaps send 'em an e- or hard copy. This will pay dividends, not only to you, the Author, but to Africa...Perhaps start with wildlife (and hunting)-friendly locales? That way, you've cast a much wider net!
Thank you for the practical suggestions. I do appreciate that. I never meant to be an author. It resulted from my promise to Lilian and evolved into the book …so as a self-published first-time self-funded author I am figuring it out as I go. I have done what you said and sent the book to a lot of magazines and newspapers. The book even received a full page review in Sports Afield in July which was so exciting. I’ve also been blessed that the book received great reviews in about 10 other magazines. A lot of magazines etc don’t do book reviews are aren’t interested. They want you to advertise which I can’t afford making only $4 a book. I’ve also been on about 15 podcasts and am scheduled to do more. I also talk at libraries and town halls etc whenever I get the chance. I LOVE doing that. People are amazing with what they learn and I typically just open it up to questions. I do all of this for free at this point but traveling too far from home (I live in a town of 800) gets time consuming and expensive. Ive also just spent LITERALLY the last two weeks in my walk in closet (apparently they make good recording studios) narrating an audiobook version of Cries of the Savanna. It is another learning process and very hard but if unpaid someone that would be another approx $7000 so I am attempting to do it myself. Trying to talk without screwing up is HARD…..and frustrating when you go back to edit. So I was a little on edge last night too. I’m also trying to learn how to do Amazon ads to reach people but that is a whole new kettle of fish and very difficult to learn. If people click on the book and don’t buy it I still have to pay for the click so it’s scary. 7000 new books come out each month! If you don’t do something, books just get buried and die in the algorithms. Gosh I have learned so much in the past few years but have tons more to learn. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Once I get the audiobook done, I will try reaching out to more magazines etc. By the way, the big ones that I thought would be a great help (SCI and DSC etc) have done nothing …exactly because of what you said …it is a “product “. Jerome here in Africahunting.com and other smaller organizations and people have been wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about Jerome and this sight. Anyway, have a great day. After I finish my coffee I’m off to edit my narration
Thank you for this awesome gesture Sue. I went ahead and purchased a signed copy anyway!
Oh @migrabill you are so wonderful. Thanks so much for doing that. I sure appreciate it. You must be the Bill that I just put the book in the mail for! I dropped it off on the way to the airport. I’m in my way to see Rick.

Congratulations!

Competitions on AH are great, come on Outfitters, put up an impala hunt or something, even a baboon!
Yes! Great idea Kevin. Heck for me it doesn’t even need to be a hunt. Just a place to stay!

Thank you all so kindly! I cannot wait to read this book.
You are so welcome Tyler! I can't wait for you to read the book too.

Also, I just noticed that you must be a pilot. So is Rick. I'm at the airport heading to see him now. Sue

Congratulations @Ggross your entry #219 is the winner!

Congratulations @typilotguy your entry
#392 is the winner!

Congratulations @James Stewart your entry
#241 is the winner!

Be sure to claim your prize with @Sue Tidwell within the next 21 days from the date of the posting notice in this thread.

Feel free to contact Sue Tidwell by email at suetidwell61@gmail.com or PM.
Congratulations to @Ggross, @typilotguy, and @James Stewart for winning a signed copy of Cries of the Savanna.

I would like to thank everyone who entered for your support and kindness...and interest in Cries of the Savanna. Even though today wasn't your lucky day with this contest, you can still get a signed copy of Cries of the Savanna on my website if you like (Full Disclosure: it is a little more expensive than Amazon because of shipping etc.). The ebook version is also available on Amazon....and is FREE on Kindle Unlimited.

Also, I am currently working on making the book in to an audiobook! It is exciting but quite a challenge. My walk-in closet is my recording studio. LOL! I have literally been in the closet for 2 1/2 weeks now. I hired a gal from Namibia to do the production part and we are even adding literal cries of the savanna....lions, hyenas, hippos, etc. I am so excited about it. Anyway, I'll be sure to let you know when that becomes available.

Have a great day everyone....and Happy Adventures! Thanks again for entering the contest. Sue

Ahhh, thank you so much Bill! I appreciate that. You must be the Bill that I just mailed a book to this morning on my way to the airport. I'm excited for you to read it.

PS. forgive me if I sent this message twice. I thought I already sent it once but I'm in the airport terminal and it must not have gone through.

Sue

Thank you for the practical suggestions. I do appreciate that. I never meant to be an author. It resulted from my promise to Lilian and evolved into the book …so as a self-published first-time self-funded author I am figuring it out as I go. I have done what you said and sent the book to a lot of magazines and newspapers. The book even received a full page review in Sports Afield in July which was so exciting. I’ve also been blessed that the book received great reviews in about 10 other magazines. A lot of magazines etc don’t do book reviews are aren’t interested. They want you to advertise which I can’t afford making only $4 a book. I’ve also been on about 15 podcasts and am scheduled to do more. I also talk at libraries and town halls etc whenever I get the chance. I LOVE doing that. People are amazing with what they learn and I typically just open it up to questions. I do all of this for free at this point but traveling too far from home (I live in a town of 800) gets time consuming and expensive. Ive also just spent LITERALLY the last two weeks in my walk in closet (apparently they make good recording studios) narrating an audiobook version of Cries of the Savanna. It is another learning process and very hard but if unpaid someone that would be another approx $7000 so I am attempting to do it myself. Trying to talk without screwing up is HARD…..and frustrating when you go back to edit. So I was a little on edge last night too. I’m also trying to learn how to do Amazon ads to reach people but that is a whole new kettle of fish and very difficult to learn. If people click on the book and don’t buy it I still have to pay for the click so it’s scary. 7000 new books come out each month! If you don’t do something, books just get buried and die in the algorithms. Gosh I have learned so much in the past few years but have tons more to learn. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Once I get the audiobook done, I will try reaching out to more magazines etc. By the way, the big ones that I thought would be a great help (SCI and DSC etc) have done nothing …exactly because of what you said …it is a “product “. Jerome here in Africahunting.com and other smaller organizations and people have been wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about Jerome and this sight. Anyway, have a great day. After I finish my coffee I’m off to edit my narration

Oh @migrabill you are so wonderful. Thanks so much for doing that. I sure appreciate it. You must be the Bill that I just put the book in the mail for! I dropped it off on the way to the airport. I’m in my way to see Rick.
"The book even received a full page review in Sports Afield in July which was so exciting. " It's a trick to get someone "on the outside" of outdoorspeople (outdoor sporting fools like most of us!) to review and put it out there to the rest of the world. Just in my own life, I've turned some anti- or fringe anti-hunters into hunting-conservationist appreciative non-hunters.) It goes a long way, once they're educated... 'Have contemplated writing book(s), but the work-work cleaning up haz waste sites has to come to a successful conclusion (2+/- yrs due to covid delays.) Good luck and keep up the good work. I am NOT anti-outdoor/adventure/travel book!!! In-fact, 'had to move an entire, huge bookshelf (hand made by my G. G. Grandfather) contents back up to the farm as I'm filling up the created "space." Good luck and keep up the good work. (I have def developed "issues" through a lifetime of people trying to sell me products...salespeople, advertising, marketing...i've lost my filter in such regard.) :p

'forgot to mention the Political "sales" that goes on ea election cycle. I'm certain that adds to the disdain. :( The salespeople are "winning" more and more-and they wind up "re-shaping" the world.

"The book even received a full page review in Sports Afield in July which was so exciting. " It's a trick to get someone "on the outside" of outdoorspeople (outdoor sporting fools like most of us!) to review and put it out there to the rest of the world. Just in my own life, I've turned some anti- or fringe anti-hunters into hunting-conservationist appreciative non-hunters.) It goes a long way, once they're educated... 'Have contemplated writing book(s), but the work-work cleaning up haz waste sites has to come to a successful conclusion (2+/- yrs due to covid delays.) Good luck and keep up the good work. I am NOT anti-outdoor/adventure/travel book!!! In-fact, 'had to move an entire, huge bookshelf (hand made by my G. G. Grandfather) contents back up to the farm as I'm filling up the created "space." Good luck and keep up the good work. (I have def developed "issues" through a lifetime of people trying to sell me products...salespeople, advertising, marketing...i've lost my filter in such regard.) :p
Thanks for the kind words @C.W. Richter. I appreciate it. I’m going to keep plugging along doing the best I can.

im glad you turned some anti-hunters too. I truly believe once they learn the reality of things, anyone with common sense “gets” it!

That’s cool you still have your grandfathers bookcase. I bet it was a bigger to move. Things back then were built TOUGH and heavy!

Thanks again. Sue

Well, I was holding out to win. Just have to order on Amazon now. :)

Congratulations to the winners and blessings to Mrs. Sue for her gracious donation.

Safe hunting

I say thanks to Sue for writing book and offering us all a chance to win it. Now that I know my name was not drawn Amazon will send me mine on 4 April.

Looking forward to reading, sitting in boat waiting for a spring bear to show on beach will be a perfect quiet time to immerse in Africa. Thanks again Sue.

MB

I say thanks to Sue for writing book and offering us all a chance to win it. Now that I know my name was not drawn Amazon will send me mine on 4 April.

Looking forward to reading, sitting in boat waiting for a spring bear to show on beach will be a perfect quiet time to immerse in Africa. Thanks again Sue.

MB
MB, ahh thanks for buying a copy. I am excited for you to read it! That sounds like a great way to bear hunt. My husband and I have always wanted to hunt in Alaska that way (where you travel and sleep on a nice comfortable boat) and glass for bears to hunt. Much safer too in brown bear country . Is that what you are doing or are you hunting in the lower 48 that way. Either way, it sounds awesome. I LOVE being in the water in any form! Well, pretty much. I wasn’t thrilled with the Zambezi river and all the crocs in a tiny tiny boat. . My favorite place to read is sitting on or near the water. Enjoy and happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross