WIN One of Three CRIES of the Savanna Book by Multi-award-winning Author Sue Tidwell in a Random Drawing Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I sell my used cars on here, if I write a colorful treatise on how expert a driver i am??? lol :p Seems a large advert to me. I can make it all Landrovers and Land Cruisers if it favors the readers...I like freedom of choice, not force-feeding.
God forbid people support an author who’s writing about a topic we are all interested in.

Isn’t that what sponsors do?
when we see it over and over again, it gets quite tiresome on the eyes. once had a ceo at a big corp i worked for...he had so much BS written below his name in every e-mail...long story short-the employees fired him and took over the company. my $0.02. many of us have spent well in excess of $100,000.00 on wildlife conservation, but we need not attach that to everything we put out there. Perhaps different if i were a for-profit author, but 99.99% of us are not. IF i want a book or video, etc. I'll just find and purchase it on my own, without any force-feeding...Not to mention this administration and economy absolutely sucks. Luxury expenses mean nothing to most these days. Taking 500 level statistics, i don't get involved in drawings or lotteries. To best experience Africa, GO THERE! Good thing Peter Capstick isn't still around...he'd sear me! LOL It was fun to see PHs rip on him (in-person) on safaris. "...he'd have no $ if it weren't for things that go wrong on safaris!" et. al.

Sponsors in my business pay for an ad that's placed in one prominent spot for all to view should they choose. Once it becomes shoved down your throat here and there like a chinese dictator's posters, then it becomes tiresome and even annoying. lol ok, customer satisfaction survey over. :p In my business, no advertising is necessary. IF your product or service is that good, We Will find it!

Cries of the Savanna, I have already purchased a copy but want to thank you for your giveaway

CRIES of the Savanna

God forbid people support an author who’s writing about a topic we are all interested in.
Most of us know ALL about Africa. It's not the hunters that need to read about it, but the laypeople whose every synapse on the natural world was provided by Walt Disney and Wild Dingdom. I suppose I detest Advertising, as it's afterall, a form of for-profit brainwashing...if I want or need something, I'll find it myself.

when we see it over and over again, it gets quite tiresome on the eyes. once had a ceo at a big corp i worked for...he had so much BS written below his name in every e-mail...long story short-the employees fired him and took over the company. my $0.02. many of us have spent well in excess of $100,000.00 on wildlife conservation, but we need not attach that to everything we put out there. Perhaps different if i were a for-profit author, but 99.99% of us are not. IF i want a book or video, etc. I'll just find and purchase it on my own, without any force-feeding...Not to mention this administration and economy absolutely sucks. Luxury expenses mean nothing to most these days. Taking 500 level statistics, i don't get involved in drawings or lotteries. To best experience Africa, GO THERE! Good thing Peter Capstick isn't still around...he'd sear me! LOL It was fun to see PHs rip on him (in-person) on safaris. "...he'd have no $ if it weren't for things that go wrong on safaris!" et. al.
Ok. I respect your opinion.
Not to be argumentative, but from Rockin G to Spike T, every post made by a sponsor of this site contains their ad banner and info since that’s what they’re paying for whether they are giving a discount on a hunt, giving away knives, or selling a book. So honestly, I’m just curious what fires you up about this one?

Not to be argumentative, but from Rockin G to Spike T, every post made by a sponsor of this site contains their ad banner and info since that’s what they’re paying for whether they are giving a discount on a hunt, giving away knives, or selling a book. So honestly, I’m just curious what fires you up about this one?
He’s being FORCEFED and BRAINWASHED!!!!

He’s being FORCEFED and BRAINWASHED!!!!
Naw, I’m not going there. It’s enough of a derail as it is. I’m not upset about anything. Just was genuinely curious.

Back to the regularly scheduled program. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems perfect promotion for a sponsor to me !

May I sell my used cars on here, if I write a colorful treatise on how expert a driver i am??? lol :p Seems a large advert to me. I can make it all Landrovers and Land Cruisers if it favors the readers...I like freedom of choice, not force-feeding.
Listen, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you that much. It seems like with all the other stuff on here, you could just ignore a post that doesn't appeal to you. By the way, I didn't even know to initiate this giveaway on my own. It was suggested that I do it by the AfricaHunting.com team....so I am. Some members seem to appreciate the fact that they may win a signed book....and even appreciate knowing about the book. I'm not a hunter but I am working hard to help others understand WHY hunting in Africa is so important to the African people....and ultimately the wildlife. And, I have spent countless hours at my own expense. I'm used to getting abuse from the anti-hunting crowd...even though I don't even hunt....but you are the first person that has said anything negative on this sight. Have a great day. Sue

If it makes you feel any better, I have made exactly zero dollars as a “for profit Author”. There is so much expense and little profit margin by the time Amazon takes their cut. Although I didn’t write the book to make money, it would be nice to be able to pay all the expenses etc. i am blessed to have a husband who has supported me in my passion to help people understand. But most nonHunters will not pick up the book without a little nudge from someone they know. That is the main reason I try to reach out to hunters. After all, it is in the best interest of hunters to have as many people as possible support hunting. I am definitely not trying to imply that hunters don’t already know this stuff. I didn’t write the book for that purpose and had no idea that hunters would love the book so much. Cries of the Savanna may be just an irritation to you but I have received so many heartfelt letters and emails from seasoned safari hunters who say the book allows them to relive their first magical days on safari. So I will keep doing what I am doing the best that I can. Have a good night. Sue

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it. Sue

Most of us know ALL about Africa. It's not the hunters that need to read about it, but the laypeople whose every synapse on the natural world was provided by Walt Disney and Wild Dingdom. I suppose I detest Advertising, as it's afterall, a form of for-profit brainwashing...if I want or need something, I'll find it myself.
Many of you do know ALL about Africa and many know much more than I ever will know. Still there are people on this sight who dream of going to Africa and they don’t know ALL there is to know. Not one of us do. There is always more to learn. And I do tackle the disneyization of wildlife. You are right. That is the biggest threat to wildlife and the hunting way of life. I am proud to say that I do change the mind of nonHunters and even anti-hunters once the read the book. I’m glad you are capable of finding what you need yourself. I for one, often need a little help from time to time.

Many of you do know ALL about Africa and many know much more than I ever will know. Still there are people on this sight who dream of going to Africa and they don’t know ALL there is to know. Not one of us do. There is always more to learn. And I do tackle the disneyization of wildlife. You are right. That is the biggest threat to wildlife and the hunting way of life. I am proud to say that I do change the mind of nonHunters and even anti-hunters once the read the book. I’m glad you are capable of finding what you need yourself. I for one, often need a little help from time to time.
'Actually did have some practical suggestions on where best to market this book (lol in my late-night rant stage,) but when it comes to me again, I'll be sure to post...Ok..(Ethiopian coffee from Solude in CT is now finally kicking-in) one of the ideas was to inquire with various newspaper columnists, asking if they'd please review (and write a review of) the book. Perhaps send 'em an e- or hard copy. This will pay dividends, not only to you, the Author, but to Africa...Perhaps start with wildlife (and hunting)-friendly locales? That way, you've cast a much wider net!

My apology I failed to announce that the giveaway ended on March 18, 2023 (at midnight Central Standard Time). I will be announcing the three winners today March 20, 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg