CRIES of the SavannaHi Everyone!
Although many on this website are seasoned safari hunters, I invite you to enter the CRIES if the Savanna book giveaway to rediscover Africa through the eyes of a greenhorn experiencing its wonder, magnificence — and peril — for the first time.
…AND, for those dreaming of Africa, enter the contest and join me on a transformative journey. Fall in love with Africa, its people, and wildlife like I did!
Excerpt Chapter One:
“…Umphhh. The lion’s grunt jolted me from my reverie. Still wedged against Rick on his tiny bunk, I returned my attention to Simba’s primal serenade, Fisi’s insane choruses, and the rest of Africa’s beastly symphony. A realization surged through me. Finally, after years of anticipation, my African dream was coming true. It was nothing like I had envisioned, but nestled in a tent, hours from civilization, there was absolutely no turning back. Nor did I find myself wanting to. Even though apprehension filled my entire being, it became crystal clear that Rick’s version of the dream was far more than anything I could have imagined for myself.
No doubt, there would be difficult and unsettling moments. Rick would very likely be harvesting some of the creatures that I had treasured since my first “Kimba the White Lion” cartoon. It was also clear that our adventures would be partnered with aspects of danger. I couldn’t help wondering how my romanticized view of Africa, after dreaming about it for so many years, would stand against reality.
Even with uncertainty gnawing at me, my feelings of apprehension and exhaustion floundered as other emotions trickled to the surface. Fascination. Excitement. Awe. Astonishment. Curiosity. And thankfulness. Lying wide-eyed -- covered in goosebumps listening to the chortles, bellows, growls, squeaks, whistles, cooing, cawing, whoooops, and umphhs of the African Symphony -- I realized that I had never felt so terror-stricken and yet, at the same time, so alive and exhilarated by the promise of the days to come.”
Excerpt Chapter 3:
“…As I fell into bed, the African symphony had already begun its ghostly composition. We could hear the hyena’s howls and ghastly giggles; the hippo’s throaty bellow; and other squeals, squeaks, chirps, whistles, and cries that are impossible to put into words. Simba was still quiet, at least at that moment.
In many ways, the day had been punishing: many long arduous hours of hunting but no harvesting. We had tracked a dagga boy, stalked multiple zebra, eaten lunch under the canopy of a Lucky Bean tree, and were exposed to countless new experiences, wildlife, and lands. Heck we’d even been showered with feces from giant-sized bats. I couldn’t remember ever having a day as exhausting, sweltering, grueling and sometimes frustrating. Yet, unbelievably, I couldn’t wait to do it all over again. One thing was for certain, our first day on safari had been crazy. Bat-shit crazy. Literally.”
View attachment 517997
Thanks to all who enter,
CRIES of the Savanna is available on Amazon in softcover, hardcover, and eBook…and, on Kindle Unlimited, it is FREE! If you prefer a signed copy, they are available at www.suetidwell.com.
View attachment 517998
WHAT TO DO TO ENTER THE WIN One of Three CRIES of the Savanna Book by Multi-award-winning Author Sue Tidwell in a Random Drawing Giveaway
For a chance to win registered members must simply post "CRIES of the Savanna" in this thread. Only one entry per member. First, second and third prize will be drawn and awarded in that order.
Post your entry below in this thread. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.
Entries must be posted between February 18, 2023 and March 18, 2023 (at midnight Central Standard Time). After the close of posting we will hold a random drawing to select the winner. The winner will be announced by March 20, 2023 in this thread.
Each post has a post number which is your entry number. At the end of the competition one number will be randomly selected and awarded the @Sue Tidwell book giveaway prize. The website RANDOM.ORG, a true random number generator, will be used by moderator @AfricaHunting.com and a witness to randomly draw the winning post number from amongst the valid entries.
Random Drawing Contest Rules
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway entrants must be over 18 to participate. The winner’s age will be verified and a new winner will be selected if the original winner does not meet the age requirement.
2. This drawing is open to all registered members of AfricaHunting.com. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.
3. Multiple accounts from the same IP address or belonging to the same person from different IP addresses will be void and entries will be considered invalid. Winners identity will be verified and must match the name of the person who created and registered the account.
4. Entries must be posted between February 20, 2023 and March 20, 2023 (at midnight Central Standard Time). After the close of posting an AH moderator will hold a random drawing to select the winner. The winner will be announced and posted by March 23, 2023 in this thread.
5. Winner's failure to see announcement or receive notices due to any reasons including to but not limited to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information is not the responsibility of AfricaHunting.com or @Sue Tidwell. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within twenty-one (21) from the time announcement was posted, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. Any prize unclaimed after twenty-one (21) days from the date of notice of the winner will not be awarded to the original winner.
7. Prize will be made available only to the identified and verified winner.
8. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and no substitute prize will be offered.
9. Only 3 books are redeemable.
10. @Sue Tidwell will cover shipping only to North America.
11. Except where prohibited by law, the winner by acceptance of the prize agrees that @Sue Tidwell and AfricaHunting.com or those acting under its authority have the right to use the winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, content for advertising and promotional purposes without consideration or further permission.
12. @Sue Tidwell and AfricaHunting.com, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents, are not responsible for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost entries; and/or any contest disruptions beyond its control.
13. Entrants and winners are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this prize, and the acceptance and/or use of a prize. By participating and/or by acceptance or use of the prize, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless @Sue Tidwell and AfricaHunting.com, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, other prize sponsors and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any liability arising in connection with the use of the prize.
14. AfricaHunting.com reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates the Terms & Conditions of AfricaHunting.com.
15. These terms may be changed at any time without notice.