Win Model 70 XTR .338 Mag, Alaskan Statehood

I had this to the range yesterday. Rifle handles and functions perfectly and fits me very well, a pleasure to shoot it. Got it sighted in easy enough, first shot on the paper at 100 after a visual bore sighting. I had one box of handloads from a previous .338 project. Brand new barrel of course.:eek: Had some flyers, but seemed to want to shoot. Next to last group, 3 close and one out. Last group put 4 in just over an inch in the same place. Shows promise.(y)

And no I did not perform a so called "break in" of the barrel. I ran a pull through in the bore a couple of times and didn't let it get real hot, but that's it.

Upon returning home, I took it apart to assess how the hot glue factory "bedding" job was looking. One piece of it came out with the action, stuck to the bottom of the lug!:eek: That's just dumb!:( So after picking around at it, a few more small loose pieces came out so I got out the chisels and gouges and Dremel and it now sits with a new bedding job setting up. (y)

I sure did like the way it handled though, one of those rare factory rifles that just feels right in every way.:rolleyes: Smooth running, easy bolt lift. Trigger may need to be lightened some but its not bad now, a little heavy but no creep. Its easy to adjust an M 70 trigger.(y)

when you adjust the trigger, make sure the locknuts are tight.
don't ask me how I know this.o_O
bruce.

Ain't my first rodeo....;)

Nope, but I know enough to make sure my nuts are tight!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross