Will a BRNO 602 action fit in a CZ 550 magnum stock?

SRvet

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hopefully a very simple question... Has anyone tried fitting an older BRNO ZKK 602 magnum action (458 Win Mag but that shouldn't make a difference) into a stock from a CZ550 Magnum? I am considering buying a Bell and Carlson American Safari stock but would like to know if it is feasible before buying a stock that will be useless to me.

Many thanks

Simon

SRvet, I thought that the BRNO ZKK 602 and the CZ550 were virtually identical. Have you tried calling Bell and Carlson? If that fails call Wayne Jacobson at American Hunting Rifles (406) 363 - 8033, I'll bet he can answer your question.

Hopefully a very simple question... Has anyone tried fitting an older BRNO ZKK 602 magnum action (458 Win Mag but that shouldn't make a difference) into a stock from a CZ550 Magnum? I am considering buying a Bell and Carlson American Safari stock but would like to know if it is feasible before buying a stock that will be useless to me.

Many thanks

Simon
Hi Simon,

I repair many CZs mostly 602s for the local councils almost have broken stocks, due to the worse abuse imaginable. When CZs custom shop was still open they kindly donated several stocks all of which were for 550s. I was able to fit all of them with a minimum amount of work and tools. You should have no problem at all doing this job.

I am always looking for "donations" of any 602 or 550 stocks. I charge them nothing for the work that I do. Now it looks like common parts, sights, ejector blades, screws are no more. I was recently able to get a few from Numrich.

I also installed a Bell & Carlson on two of my personal rifles one a CZ550 the other a original .404J Jefferies. Sweet! What great people they are to work with.

Hi Simon,

I repair many CZs mostly 602s for the local councils almost have broken stocks, due to the worse abuse imaginable. When CZs custom shop was still open they kindly donated several stocks all of which were for 550s. I was able to fit all of them with a minimum amount of work and tools. You should have no problem at all doing this job.

I am always looking for "donations" of any 602 or 550 stocks. I charge them nothing for the work that I do. Now it looks like common parts, sights, ejector blades, screws are no more. I was recently able to get a few from Numrich.

I also installed a Bell & Carlson on two of my personal rifles one a CZ550 the other a original .404J Jefferies. Sweet! What great people they are to work with.
That is incredibly helpful thankyou very much, as was the reply by Shootist 43. I will get a B&C imported and go from there

My gunsmith, Lon Paul, made me aware of the possibility of replacing the Weatherby style original stock on my BRNO ZKK 602 with a CZ 550 stock when he rebarreled my .375 H&H 602 in .500 Jeffery. I found the result very pleasing.
Lon Paul .500 Jeffery 002 (2).jpg

My gunsmith, Lon Paul, made me aware of the possibility of replacing the Weatherby style original stock on my BRNO ZKK 602 with a CZ 550 stock when he rebarreled my .375 H&H 602 in .500 Jeffery. I found the result very pleasing.
View attachment 442163
That looks fantastic, I would be very happy with the outcome if that were mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois