Wildlife officers arrest 2 magistrates in anti-poaching raid

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://www.themastonline.com/2018/...s-arrest-2-magistrates-in-anti-poaching-raid/

WILDLIFE officers in Livingstone have arrested two Local court magistrates together with three perches for allegedly killing two White Rhinos in Musi-oa-Tunya National Park last week.

Briefing the media yesterday, Department of Wildlife and National Parks Southern Region senior warden Lewis Daka said the five suspected poachers were nabbed near the tourism one-stop-shop on Wednesday as they tried to sell a pair of Rhino horns.

“I can confirm that we have arrested five persons found with a pair of Rhino horns. This was after a joint operation with the Zambia Police at around 15:00 hours outside the Livingstone Museum. Among those arrested are David Manunga, 66, a real estate agent, Author Tambo, 46 a local court magistrate in Zimba, Maya Siakachoma,44 a local court magistrate in chief Mukuni’s village, Sidney Munenga, 31 a contractor and Mwala Mwendanei, 39 a business man,” Daka said.
He added that later on in the evening of Wednesday, James Nyambe, 30 a businessman was arrested after being fund with a leopard skin.

Daka said the wildlife department would not relent in curbing poaching, adding that he could not divulge more information with regards the arrest of the five suspected Rhino poachers and Nyambe who was found with a leopard skin as investigations are ongoing.

Hoas, thanks for sharing. When all is said and done, I hope that this group of poachers find out that no one is above the law.

Hope they get what's coming to them..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you