www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
We have been offered a Wild lion in South Africa.
It is for a particular known Male that lives in a very Large Game reserve near Phalaborwa South Africa.
Costs for the hunt is $55 000.00. all in. There should not be any problems Importing the Lion into the USA.

Please feel free to contact me for further questions.
PHOTO-2018-06-25-09-18-14.jpg

If your an American, you probably want to do a lot of research before assuming the lion is importable.

It would also be good to know when the papers for the last wild lion were issued coming out of RSA.

It would also be good to know when the papers for the last wild lion were issued coming out of RSA.

Same thing said differently. It would be good to know if any wild lion import permits from RSA in general (and the area to be hunted in particular) have been issued since USFWS moved to the new "individual decision" rule.

If importing was important to me, and it isn't, I'd want permit in hand before the hunt commenced or a deposit was made.

Good luck with the permit and the hunt!

P.S. a few more details around the offer would be helpful as well. How many days, day rate, trophy fee, actual size of reserve, fenced or not, etc....

Thank you for the pointers.
Property is about 60 000 acres Photo graphic reserve, it is fenced.
I include 7 days, but can do longer if you want.
If for some reason you do not shoot the Lion, I keep a day fee of $400 p day + 15% VAT.

It would also be a good idea to visit with Don Causey, and have him help you.

Thank you for the pointers.
Property is about 60 000 acres Photo graphic reserve, it is fenced.
I include 7 days, but can do longer if you want.
If for some reason you do not shoot the Lion, I keep a day fee of $400 p day + 15% VAT.

It would also be a good idea to visit with Don Causey, and have him help you.
Hi
Was the Lion born in the reserve and how many Lions live in the reserve ?
How old is the Lion ?

Thanks

Rocco
There are roughly 44 Lions on the reserve.
The male targeted here was born on the property and is around 9 years old now.

So someone correct me if I am wrong...Wild lion hunt in fenced area? Don't really make sense to me. Am I wrong? I assume since he was born there he is considered wild?

So someone correct me if I am wrong...Wild lion hunt in fenced area? Don't really make sense to me. Am I wrong? I assume since he was born there he is considered wild?

60,000 acres is 94 square miles. Lion home ranges vary according to prey/habitat. I’ve read 17-18 sq miles as a large home range, again depends but this being a photo area, expect large plains game populations and smaller home ranges than above.

Area is more than large enough for fair chase and in addition the lion was born in the reserve. Sounds wild to me but would want to discuss more about the situation with offeror, if I had the $$ I would jump on it, even if I couldn’t bring it home.

Certainly not like hunting a lion in a 15000 acre fenced area that was released within the last 30 days, not saying this is unethical, but for perspective.

In my opinion this hunt is WAY over priced and targets the millionaires out there!

If your an American, you probably want to do a lot of research before assuming the lion is importable.

Actually these Wild Managed lions were the first to get permits a while back. There are no guarantees in life but if someone wants a lion this is an insane bargain!

These are termed “wild managed lions” and are not pen raised. They have a very good chance of being imported.

In my opinion this hunt is WAY over priced and targets the millionaires out there!
Bruce sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Most lion hunts are well over $100,000 all in with the exception of course of pen raised. This is a steal of a deal at $55,000 all in!
Philip

It is a sensitive issue how in the case of lions wild is defined indeed! I am not sure the authorities in SA already came to a final conclusion what wild really is after the last definition was not accepted by many in the industry. A so called wild lion which lived a free-range life and was brought up by his own pride also free-range and caught his own food together with his pride and was at no stage fed because it lives in a reserve can catch 12 Buffalo’s a year. In ten years time that is 120 Buffalo! Taking the value of 120 Buffalo in consideration one wonder if the market insisting on ‘wild’ lions can afford to pay what they truly are worth

Kruger National Park is fenced ....7 m acres ....so I guess they are also not wild ....there are also 2 well known reserves in Zim that are fenced ..... and these are sold as wild lions .

We need to stop attacking our Industry ....if anything is not for you pass ....someone else might be up for it .....

Johnny Blues, are you perhaps gonna find yourself in South Africa soon. Id love to Host you, on the house for a few days, and just take you around some of these properties and show you around. Once you have been and seen, maybe we can sway your opinion about Lion that occur naturally within large fenced areas. Please take me up on the offer, I mean it sincerely, and at the same time maybe we can share a few cold ones as well. Sorry Burkina Faso is down the drain, would have been a great time there...............
I leave for Cameroon in two days, so will be slow in responding but can chat again when back. Happy hunting everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg