Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
ok so this, I felt, was pretty neat. The man I bought the taxidermy business from and I have been friends for quite a long time. I've had the oppurtunity to take his grandson on a lot of hunts and was blessed to have gotten him his first wild boar and first exotic. Anyway, I took the grandson and he killed this pig about 4 years or so ago. I was digging around the shop and found a hog form, I asked what it was for and was told it was for the grandsons pig I had gotten for him and that Frank had never had time to mount it for him. Well I need the practice so I found the cape and mounted it. I always liked this pig as his coloration was very pretty and unique. Anyway pics aren't that great, I have a make shift photo booth set up but for whatever reason I can't get the picks from my camera to load properly on the site so here is some cell phone pics of it in the show room. Frank is going to give the pig to his grandson next week.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Like the colour of that Pig, Nice

Nice, yes the color is good on that one. Congrats

That is a cool pig and the mount looks good. Did you use the real tusk?

Awesome! Would be cool to see a pic of the boy with his hog. Great job!

That is a cool pig and the mount looks good. Did you use the real tusk?
No its artificial ones in the jawset. That was a young and small pig. Barely had any tusks or whets at all but kiddo wanted some big'ens on him so viola.

Awesome! Would be cool to see a pic of the boy with his hog. Great job!
I've been looking like crazy but haven't found one yet. I'm afraid I don't have one but I bet he does. I found pics from a different hunt where he got a stud of an angora but I can't find the pic of him with this pig. I'll try and get he or his dad to send me one. I remember taking pics but it musta been on their camera.

Nice mount.

Erik, that's a good gift for the kid. You have every colour of the rainbow down there.

Erik, that's a good gift for the kid. You have every colour of the rainbow down there.

That's for sure. When I was there I shot pigs that were red with black spots, goldish and dark brown! There's lots of other colours as well.

Aaron did you post a pic of that excellent muley buck you got up there at home a week ago yet?

Aaron did you post a pic of that excellent muley buck you got up there at home a week ago yet?

Yes I did. In the North American section!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianaLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg