Wilbur Smith Sako 75 .243

Neat rifle to have.

I would guess that whatever the provenance is worth was in your purchase price unless the rifle wasn't marketed much.

Straight to the money. Show us the thing man, share the story, here we get excited about the piece, not the price. Maybe then someone will tell you what it is worth.

The .243
I had the need for a compact,light rifle I could use for walk n stalk hunts.I walked into our local gun shop and spotted the little Sako in the gun rack.I picked it up and it just felt right,much like that first little .22 BRNO I picked up 30 years ago.I asked the owner if it was for sale and he said:"Interesting story,I was at a gun auction and the rifle was part of a lot of 3 rifles,all belonging to Wilbur Smith,the author.I wanted the .260 but someone beat me to it.I managed to get the .243 from the guy who bought the lot."

That is how I became the owner of Wilbur Smith's .243 Sako 75.

Why do I ask if it is worth anything?

I bought it because of the story,but if I have to be honest, I am sure someone else will enjoy it a lot more.)

Best regards
Chris
Sako.jpg

Did you manage to get any documentation of its provenance? If not, you may want to get in touch with John Sharpe. It sticks in my mind that they were friends. He might be able to help.

When a private collection is being sold, my first idea is that a person has passed away.
So, this thread made me check about Wilbur Smith, on google.
Luckily, he is alive. I have read several of his books, and enjoyed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg