rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
IMG_3624.PNG
Watched an episode of "tracks across Africa" on YouTube.

Anyone else up for a "Namibia" hunt with Craig Boddington?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 9.42.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 9.42.14 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 329
Geez...they must have stamped my passport wrong!

:ROFLMAO:

Why do Americans get a bad wrap about geography?!

i must be missing the punch line.

Someone on the tech side was not paying attention that's for sure.

africamap.jpg

Last edited:
@rookhawk I have met Dirk hes not a bad guy but whoever edited that video/ map is a real freaking idiot

It was definitely the director that needed the firing. Whoever wrote the whole narrator copy got it wrong. They were talking about "British East Africa" and "SE Africa" in the narration and then they would mention Namibia.

What really happened: They had two shoots in the can, one for Zambia, one for Namibia. At a later date they tried to make a single episode from already filmed material that already had narrator's copy done up. Some complete ignoramus at an editing studio tried to knit the two episode segments together into one and got all the facts backwards and confused at an epic level. They even created content like the graphics discussed/depicted for the wrong countries.

Hilarious.

It's especially unforgivable in this day and age where you can google "map of Africa" in 10 seconds

I was hunting in Namibia in 2013. That continental drift is a bugger.

I was hunting in Namibia in 2013. That continental drift is a bugger.

With all the Christmas earth quakes you'll never know where you may end up.

I've hunted with Dirk at his place in Namibia - great guy and pays attention to every detail - guarantee the error was not his!

Last edited:
Dirk is good people and a terrific PH. His concession/ ranch in Namibia (not Zambia, Northern Rhodesia, whatever) is near Windhoek and is alive with plains game. He deserves better. Hopefully someone has notified the good Colonel of the goof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross