Who would by .375 Ruger Ammunition by Barnes?

Would you buy Barnes .375 Ruger Ammunition?

• Yes

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Viral_SIGness

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I've been talking to Barnes, and I asked about loaded ammo for the .375 Ruger. They asked me if anyone else would want it. So I will make this a poll. Seeing that I haven't been able to get back to reloading yet, I would appreciate something other than Hornady ammo.

Yes I would. I have been getting custom loaded 270g Barnes for my .375 Ruger and did very well with it in Cameroon.

Yes I would. I have been getting custom loaded 270g Barnes for my .375 Ruger and did very well with it in Cameroon.

Maybe buy, I hate the spellcheck!
They are waiting for me to get back to them and tell them how much interest I raised. Can you guys spread the word about this poll?

Yes.
The lack of their bullets loaded in that caliber is what got me into reloading. I actually emailed them and told them they were missing a good opportunity back when I bought the rifle in 2011. Didn't change their minds. But others besides Hornady are realizing it now and loading for it.

I would probably not buy. You guys in North America are lucky in the respect that there is a huge 'domestic' market, which drives down the prices for even the 'odd' calibres. Now, I do reload for all my rifles, apart from the 22LR, but I would possibly consider buying ammo for the common ones, where prices for factory ammo is not in the area of "trip to the range" = "trip to a Mediterranean beach". Only a few cartridges get those sort of volumes/price competition here; 223, 6.5x55, 308, 30-06, and prehaps 9.3x62. Maybe a few others. Everything else is progressively 'exotic' and will cost significantly more per round.

Norma hunting ammo is about 2.5-4 USD per round in the common calibres, depending on which bullet you choose. 7mm RM, 300WM, 338WM or 375 H&H are 5-7 USD per round. 404 or 416 is 10-12 USD.

Thus handloading becomes a "necessity" if you want to have any range time at all :)

I would like to compare with other brands:)
Good result and a good price would be nice.
Here are the results I got from that other brand!
All are the other brand but the middle is 375 Ruger when I changed from zero at 100 to zero at 200 with a 270 grain BT bullet!
3FF417BF-9176-4403-9142-1DCA120035B0.jpeg

Never have gone down the Barnes road. Hornady, Swift and Hendershots gives me enough options and have slowly gotten back into reloading.

My motto is, just shoot everything with Swift A-Frames

upload_2020-5-8_21-20-58.png

I would buy if I needed some but I reload mine with the barnes 250 ttsx

I would buy, but just started in the reloading game and have started to reload for my 300wm, Ruger 375, 450/400 3", and 416 Rigby.

i think there is a market for it, seems lots of guys on this forum like the barnes bullets

Never have gone down the Barnes road. Hornady, Swift and Hendershots gives me enough options and have slowly gotten back into reloading.

My motto is, just shoot everything with Swift A-Frames

View attachment 346939

While talking to them, I suggested they keep the price in the $60 - $70 range. :Happy:

While talking to them, I suggested they keep the price in the $60 - $70 range. :Happy:
Maybe. I'd say $70-80 is a safer bet since their Safari ammo in 375 H&H is retailing around $80. Now, will this be a good year to add to a product line with most peoples finances getting hit hard? Tough call.

Yes I would most definitely buy some. I am going the opposite way of most, I am scaling back the amount of rifles I reload for. So with Barnes being my favourite projectiles then the more offerings for factory ammo available the better.

Yes I would most definitely buy some. I am going the opposite way of most, I am scaling back the amount of rifles I reload for. So with Barnes being my favourite projectiles then the more offerings for factory ammo available the better.
I'm thinking of starting another post, making it like a Group Buy thing, almost a "commit to buy" thing. It would allow me to get a list of people's names and state they're from. Show them how many WILL buy them.

I suggested they do a limited run with the 300 grain TSX. Then they could see how fast (or slow) they sell. Then if that goes well, drop the 250 TTSX into the lineup.

Thoughts on this?

While you're talking to them, I would love for them to modify their .509 caliber 570g TSX to a 550g by cutting just enough off the tip and making the hollow point a little deeper. A 550g 50 caliber TSX at 2500 fps would be just the ticket for the killer rabbits out here in Colorado

Does anyone really shoot the big guns much and not reload? It would be nice to have another factory supplier for .375 Ruger. Have you spoken with Double Tap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.