Who out there is using North Forks? Tell me your favorite loads or hunting experience with them.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
There isn't a loading manual out there out there for them, I just wanted to hear anyones experience with them. Most of the information I found surfing the web was just general information.

Also I wanted to know if you use them do you still load solids in your guns? The front end on the North Fork deforms but it still retains most of it weight

Thanks for any information!

Enysse,

I have hunted with the North Fork bullets in my 375 H&H and 470 Nitro.

The NF bonded bullet IMO is one of the best bonded bullets on the market, maybe even edging out the Swift AFrame. It is the only bonded bullet I will hunt with in my big bores. Weight retention is excellent even at higher velocities.

The NF Cup Point solid is maybe the best buffalo bullet on the market. It is a limited expanding monolithic solid. Performance has been very good in my 470.

The North Fork Flat Nose solid has also performed well on elephant and buffalo. I riveted the nose over on one on a buffalo once, but still feel they are a very good bullet. The NF or CEB are the only two solids I will use for hunting.

They all have been accurate in my rifles.

Enysse,

I have the North Fork bullets in my 375 H&H and 470 Nitro.

The NF Cup Point solid is maybe the best buffalo bullet on the market. It is a limited expanding monolithic solid. Performance has been very good in my 470.

+1

Attachments

• DSC00828.jpg
    DSC00828.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 271
Thanks for the pictures and information, I definitely want to try these in my .416 Rem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois