Who Needs A Scope On An Elephant Rifle?

I imagine you will be much closer than 50-70 yards. I use a Docter Optic/Noblex red dot on my Verney Carron double.

Who wore it better? One guy sees everything. (Ivan Carter I suspect). The elephants potentially coming in on the periphery. The ability to not just see through the sight, but to see past it with two eyes opened. Ready.

The other guy: Fully engaged into a tubular optic. Likely using monocular vision because you’d be looking at turrets as well. No cross eye view to the right because the tube obstructs a peripheral view with the opposing eye.

Maybe I’m inferring something that isn’t there, but it feels to me like the tacticool preferences trying to infect a form-meets-function dangerous game scenario. I don’t want to hunt infidels, I want to hunt DG. It just feels like a dozen justifications to use a seal-team-6 oriented optic on a hunt when they weren’t really designed for that application.

Obviously, the shot is .000001% of the days activities on a DG hunt. The other 99.99999% of the time I’d be removing Mopane leaves and Jess thorns from the clogged up larger optic while cursing under my breath.

Your opinions may vary.

1676214843436.jpeg

34C4FF5A-DAF7-401B-BAB6-3239CFFE206E.jpeg

You can't compare a H1 micro with Mr Tacticool there man!!! :) :) The Micro series feels like a ghost ring.

First look through them, you might be surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross