Who makes the best gaiters in your opinion and why...

I bought these several months ago, but haven't tried them yet. The quality seems good. That much I can say. Glad you like them Wheels! That makes me feel better. :)

They work well for me. I wear them with short boots....just above the ankle and have never had an issue. I'm not sure how they would work on below the ankle shoes. A gap might form and allow grass seeds into the socks.

Hope you have good success with yours.

I Looked at them at the DSC. I settled on the ones made by TAG in Zimbabwe. They are leather with top and bottom snap and shoe lace hook. They also have velcro closure for backup. Very nice IMHO.

I've ordered a pair from Rowland Ward. I will give my first impression of them as soon as they reach Wyoming. For what it's worth , heym , the tags would be my second choice. They look to be very well made.

Last edited:
They work well for me. I wear them with short boots....just above the ankle and have never had an issue. I'm not sure how they would work on below the ankle shoes. A gap might form and allow grass seeds into the socks.

Hope you have good success with yours.

thanks!!

I think they will work great. I will be wearing 7 inch Russell's (Thula Thula), so definitely above the ankle! :) With pants I might not even need them, although I'm going to at least try shorts and see how that goes.

Not sure they are the best but they work for me at a decent price.

Boyt Shumba Safari Gaiters Canvas Khaki
I've used Boyt gaiters on three trips to Africa and I finally threw in the towel on them. In my opinion they ride up making them too short and they cut off the circulation in my legs. They say one size fita all, but I'd like to meet "all". I'm not big, either

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted.
I used the Courtney ones this time around. When crawling I pulled them up to protect my knees on the sharp stuff. It took the edge off of the pokes and the gaiters still look new. Not a single scuff mark! I was surprised as I expected them to look abused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaydenJaco

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,