Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan

Who is your favorite Tarzan?
Enjoy.

Ron Ely from the Tarzan TV series in the late 60’s

Johnny Weissmuller

Wait! Lord Greystoke Jr wasn’t he the first Tarzan after Senior was killed by Kerchak? I will settle for Johnny Weissmuller

I grew up watching Johnny Weissmuller with my grandpa. That said, I really liked Alexander Skarsgard's portrayal; that would have to be my favorite. And yeah, Margot Robbie was stunning.

Not to sidetrack this, but I always thought Skarsgard could have added some weight and been a mighty fine Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise comes up to what - his navel?

For me there was only one, Johnny Weissmüller and Maureen O'Sullivan is the only Jane that I'll accept.

Johnny Weissmuller, Terrible Actor, great swimmer

Johnny Weissmuller, Terrible Actor, great swimmer

I have become sort of a critic when it comes to actors and actress. If you watch or pay attention to most of them none of them can act to save their bacon. Most of them appear to just be reading the scripts and don't care about the outcome.

It's a lot like counting the bullets that have been shot along with a firearm that didn't exist in the time frame of the show, or checking the shadows as far as the time of day is concerned when they are shooting a scene. I remember watching the Duke's of Hazard and watching the General Lee do a jump and watching the fenders crinkle and give way or the front end sliding under the passenger compartment and in the next scene they are hauling a$$ down the road with zero problems. If you watch a few of them enough you can pick out other cameras in the trees and bushes.

I don't think there was a Gold's or 24 Hour Fitness gym in the jungle where Tarzan was living, so Alexander Skarsgard's overly ripped body just looks ridiculous as Tarzan. Johnny Weissmuller looked a bit more reasonable.

Best regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross