Who is your favorite hunting outfitter in South Africa or Namibia?

Iliwa Safaris was great for my daughter and I in 2013.
I am going back by myself next month.
Great people, great service, great animals and budget prices. Last time 9 SCI record book animals with the SCI Gold #48 Cape Impala. I am not a guy that must have book animals and it just turned out that way.
Looking forward to this years hunt. I have a new hit list. Last time we took what was on your list and passed on the cat....................big mistake on my part. I will not pass if I get lucky and find another one.

Mikestromg, always nice to see another Canadian on the site. Check out the hunt reports on here, lots of solid outfitters. I will be heading back this summer for my fifth hunt with Marius at KMG, he's one of those solid guys on AH :)

Mikestromg, always nice to see another Canadian on the site. Check out the hunt reports on here, lots of solid outfitters. I will be heading back this summer for my fifth hunt with Marius at KMG, he's one of those solid guys on AH :)

When a hunter has been on a hunt several times with the same outfitter that tells you something.

Hello Mikestromg

We had an amazing hunting safari/family trip with Limcroma Safaris a short while back. They are a first class outfit in every way. I would highly recommend them to anyone first timer or vet. Here's the link to my report. Feel free to pm me with questions.

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...nt-family-safari-with-limcroma-safaris.25472/

x2 for recommending Limcroma Safaris. We've done quite a few outfitted trips and we have never had an outfitter go above and beyond like the Limcroma crew. You feel like you are hunting with old friends, yet you are being spoiled like royalty.

When a hunter has been on a hunt several times with the same outfitter that tells you something.

For sure and I guess that is why your going back for your 3rd trip and myself going back for my 3rd trip with Paw print safaris.

You see a lot of hunters going back to some of the sponsor on here and I think that speaks volumes of how good a group of sponsor are on this site.

Well said @billc . If for no other reason I'm going again to get bush pigs (plural) before you do! Ha!

Welcome, check out some of the hunt reports, lots of good outfitters here. You picked a great place to start your quest to hunt in Africa. Good luck

I have had excellent hunts with Kikuyu Lodge/Harry Fourie Safaris and Numzaan Safaris. I intend to go back to both places again. I leave in 2 weeks to see what African Barefoot Safaris has to offer.

Welcome to AH. I highly recommend Aru Game Lodges in Namibia for a Great Plains game hunt and a real taste of Africa! Feel free to PM if you would lie.
Regards,
Philip

my wife and i have hunted africa 5 times,the first was with blaauwkrantz safaris in the east cape area,first class people and operation,the rudman family.next we hunted 3 different times with ernest dyason,spear safaris,top quality all the way.we hunted with c&m safaris 1 time but that was in zim.

Welcome sir. As said you will have a smogsboarq of folks to hunt with. I suggest you go through the reports and you will see several sponsors here who consistently do a great job for their clients.

Welcome aboard Mikestromg. Are you a gambler? As has been said on numerous posts to this thread there are lots of great outfitters that AH members frequent. They are "vetted" on an almost daily basis. You can almost make up a list of the outfitters mention frequently on AH and throw darts at it. Regardless of which outfitter's name was hit, the winner would be you.

Just returned from my second hunt with White Lion Safaris owned by Ricus de Villiers. His hunting areas in the Free State province offers all of the species you have listed. Contact Ricus...he, his staff, accomodations and hunting areas are first class.

Hey guys im just starting to plan a trip hopefully for next spring and wanted to know your favorite outfitters to hunt plains game! My wish list consists of: Kudu, zebra, oryx, impala, blue wildebeast and possibly a caracal!
Agree: Loaded Question, but I would be remiss not to share my experiences with JH Keyser and Greatland Safaris out of Thabazimbi, SA. Have hunted with him four times and will be going back for my 5th in 2018. He is a phenomenal PH, Coach, and Friend that I consider Family. Does not advertise or have a website - met through word of mouth.

All My Best,

dt

good question . I have hunted with Wart Hog Safaris twice in SA . My wife has been with me and we have had great hunts both times . The food and hunting is a 5 star . They have great set ups for bow hunting if that is what you like that too . I have hunted both big game and plains game with them and they are on top of their game on both . The complete staff is great and from the time they pick you up at the air port till the time of departure they are fully on top of all your needs .

Hope this helps ...

I have had really good experiences on my two safaris with Kwalata Wilderness in the Limpopo Province of RSA. Jaco Strauss was my PH on both and I have nothing but good things to say about my hunts with him.

I am going to the Eastern Cape in July to hunt with Leopard Valley Safaris. I will let everyone know how that one goes, but I expect to have the time of my life.

Kowas Safaris Namibia is a world class outfitter with outstanding properties. I've been there 3 times myself, and they have an astounding near 80% return hunter rate. I'd love to hunt the Eastern Cape with KMG, and will some day, but I'll take Namibia over the rest of the small acreage places in SA any day of the week.

Wow! That's a hot button question. Welcome aboard. I just returned from my first hunt in April with Two Waters Safaris in Eastern Cape. I had an 8 day hunt with 6 species included. I took 4 extra tags for "Targets of Opportunity" and used all 10 in 6 days. Brian Seady runs a first class outfit. The accommodations are tops, food is great and the areas we hunted abound in all species I wanted ( kudu, gemsbok, waterbuck, springbuck, blesbuck, impala, blue and black wildebeest, zebra and nyala). I could have collected more but I had no more tags. Granted, we hunted hard and long, in the field all day and my PH was exceptionally particular about what he'd let me shoot. I'm seriously contemplating going back again next year. Great people, great accommodations, exceptional hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois