Who has hunted the 5 species of Buffalo?

morioc

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
I hunted 4 species already (see pictures), in Tanzania and Zimbabwe for cape buffalo, Central Africa for northwestern buffalo, Benin for savanna buffalo and Ivory coast for dwarf forest buffalo.... one is missing, nile buffalo from Ethiopia... The hunting method is the same, tracking... They all come to the call. Only the biotope is different. All are great to hunt and all can be dangerous !!!!
What do you think about ??

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a lucky man for sure, christophe. I would love to hunt with you one day.
I hope i will hunt them all in the future but at the moment western/central africa is over my budget.
Cheers

Dennis

Myself as well.. One of these days, I plan on a NW buff/roan hunt in the CAR with a good outfit..

Scotty;bt16 said:
Myself as well.. One of these days, I plan on a NW buff/roan hunt in the CAR with a good outfit..
Hello Scotty,
Thanks for your message. Good idea to go to CAR and good plan, buff/roan is not very difficult and it is a good deal..We do this kind of hunt on 6 or 13 days. Send me an email if you need some mere details.
Check the hunt report from a young (31 years old) french hunter I had on buff/roan last march.
Cheers

Sweet!! How much time did you spent in your pursuit, to get this 4?

Christophe

I will certainly get ahold of you. I would like to chat about some of this central African hunting. It is def. something that is in my (not so distant) future African hunting plans.

Bicholui;bt18 said:
Sweet!! How much time did you spent in your pursuit, to get this 4?
It took me 10 years, as a PH I don't have lot of time to go all over the places. The most difficult was the dwarf buffalo, I went to visit a friend in Ivory cost and we had 3 permits and I shot one, it was in 2001. I think it is the most difficult to get, you can hunt in cameroon and central africa.
Cheers

Sent you an email on the address listed on your site.

Great stuff. Definitely on my to do list.

willem;bt33 said:
Great stuff. Definitely on my to do list.
Hello Willem,
Thanks for your comment, you right it is a great stuff those buffaloes !!!!
When you feel ready come over, it is fun.
May be you get some friends....
Cheers

Christophe, you realise you will now need a big Asiatic to go with the rest of your buff collection ?, no ?

I have not shot a Nile or Forest buffalo. I have had the opertunity but circumstances prevented those hunts on each ocassion.

I notice some comments on the Cape Buffalo of Tanzania and Zimbabwe being the easiest. Could be, but I have hunted both under both extremely difficult conditions, and under very easy and/or lucky conditions. The easiest buffalo hunt I have been on is the dwarf buffalo of CAR, and I know many who consider that the toughest hunt of all.

To say one is more difficult than another on most animals is limited by ones success or lack of and on limited experience as a rule.

Also to say that one is more aggressive than the other is mostly based on a single persons experiences. All DG is just that for the most part.

PaulT;bt49 said:
Christophe, you realise you will now need a big Asiatic to go with the rest of your buff collection ?, no ?

Yes I know, may be one day... but it's far from home.... By the way can send all your details to one of my good friend: bernard.huygue@orange.fr
Check the video on my blog, you will see the call for buff!!!!!
cheers

Hunting Buffalo in Central African Republic by Calling

Hunting Buffalo in Central African Republic by Calling

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!