Who’s going to Hunt Africa this year?

I’m hoping to spend a couple of weeks hunting around South Africa re-visiting some old haunts with a PH chum. Nothing serious - mostly just culling and having a good time with old friends. But since I was overruled by this forum on which animals should be in the silent seven, I’m hoping to add an aardwolf to the bag. And an African wildcat to my cats of Africa list.

Currently scheduled to leave Canada in April. For the first time flying Qatar to JNB through Montreal and Doha.

Coming up but still hopeful!
Hank I apparently missed something regarding the Silent Seven. Is there another thread where that is discussed? You've peaked my interest;)

Does anyone know if there is airport COVID testing available at the JNB airport due to the new requirement by US CDC?

I am there. Much more to come.
View attachment 384485
Another taste
20210119_063751.jpg

Big concern is testing coming back as this am the CDC is mandating
all travelers returning or coming to the US be tested 24hr prior to return! This will be a big deal!

Unless something has changed and is not posted on CDC's website the requirement for testing is 72hrs prior to boarding your flight to the US.

Received a positive reply from outfitter. I say Africa will be under my feet this summer. Just need to get that Canadian covid test prior to departure figured out and then the one in SA before return. Hopefully airlines/airports will have this as routine before June??? One can hope. Now for paperwork during a Gov Covid shut down?? May need to change a few ideas/wants, maybe no long layover in Addis Ababa? I have a stronger will to go than Covid roadblocks.

MB

Big concern is testing coming back as this am the CDC is mandating
all travelers returning or coming to the US be tested 24hr prior to return! This will be a big deal!

Unless something has changed and is not posted on CDC's website the requirement for testing is 72hrs prior to boarding your flight to the US.

I still see 72 hours

IMG_7071.JPG

The easy solution is to simply get covid and recover ... gives you 3 months of worry free travel. :)

Does anyone have any info on locations etc for the return test from Namibia?

fyi
just received this from PHASA

covid info.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked for April 17 departure to Namibia for 20 days! Fingers crossed!

fyi
just received this from PHASA
Thanks for sharing this Tally-Ho!

I shared this with my outfitter as well. Hopefully this remains in force for the coming weeks, so my imminent trip to SA is not impacted any further.

cheers,

V.

My outfitter just messaged last night advising me to reschedule for next year due to rising cases and possible further restrictions. He expects RSA to move back to level 4 soon.
Exploring my options

My outfitter just messaged last night advising me to reschedule for next year due to rising cases and possible further restrictions. He expects RSA to move back to level 4 soon.
Exploring my options
way to dampen my mood Wade!

well, we'll see what the next few weeks gives... We already rescheduled from NOV20 to FEB21, I would hate to have to reschedule again...

V.

I am not scheduled to touchdown in RSA until August for transfer to Harare. So, will have to see what happens.

However, I have a feeling after hunt sightseeing will not be practical if one is taking further flights and test results taking 24 hours or more. I was hoping to fly to Victoria Falls from Harare and staying a few days there. So, I'd have to get tested in Harare and re-tested at Victoria Falls. Logistical nightmare.

I am not scheduled to touchdown in RSA until August for transfer to Harare. So, will have to see what happens.

However, I have a feeling after hunt sightseeing will not be practical if one is taking further flights and test results taking 24 hours or more. I was hoping to fly to Victoria Falls from Harare and staying a few days there. So, I'd have to get tested in Harare and re-tested at Victoria Falls. Logistical nightmare.
That's our plan. We will just stay put in the same location for the entire trip. There will be nothing else to do than hunt and tell stories. (and I'm not much of a talker).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg