Who’s going to Hunt Africa this year?

I`m planning to go to Hoedspruit June - August with my cousine, He`s gonna hunt Buffalo.
We hope that the vaccination program have reached us until may, if not we ned to postpone the hunt.
Better be safe than sorry.
Best wishes for a good vaccine date and experience. I'm hoping I get a vaccine jab or two myself but, with 40 doses in my county (geographic region within Texas) and prisons and nursing homes in the area, even though I am in a priority group I don't expect to see one by Summer unless I get really lucky like winning the Lottery!

They are vaccinating prisoners as a priority??

When I looked at possible flights from the USA to Africa, all routes went through the EU with most being Amsterdam, a few at Heathrow, and a smaller number out of Paris.

Flying my rifle through Europe causes me some concern with EU and possibly local customs import and export issues.

Now add being a non-EU citizen and it gets even more complicated with Quarantines.

They are vaccinating prisoners as a priority??
Yes, convicted drug abusers, robbers, rapists, murders, etc. are apparently more important than some other vulnerable groups in the public in some jurisdictions.

I understand nursing homes and college dormitories for example but, prioritizing prisoners baffles me. With large numbers of vulnerable people not in a nursing home, I think they deserve the vaccine ahead of convicted criminals that got a prison sentence.

I get the argument of not sentencing a prisoner to a COVID death but, seniors for example who live at home should NOT go without the vaccine so a prisoner can have it IMHO.

Canada is same, convicts more important than old people who have made Canada what it is. Some jails where vaccine criminals resided had NO cases since start. Disgusting, but same guy let prisoners out of jail early "in case they contracted covid". Our great dictator. Lucky I am not the boss.

MB

I didn't think there was a more idiotic country "leader" than Canada's Justin Trudeau.

But now your trip will cost you an additional $2000+ and two weeks extra off of work. I can't afford to go.

But now your trip will cost you an additional $2000+ and two weeks extra off of work. I can't afford to go.
I still trying to figureyout where the $2000 certain news outlets are quoting came from. Is that for the pan pacific penthouse?

We had a few guys just come.back through cowtown and used the rapid test. They were back to work in 5 days. Will see how long Litte Potato's forced hotel stay lasts.

I'm not sure, but I've read in a couple articles and they quote him as saying "at least $2000" per traveller.
As far as what sleepy Joe does, your guess (or worry) is as good as mine.

Oh, and there's no longer the rapid test/quarantine available. We will have to see how things play out over the next little while I guess.
Enough COVID already!

Simple question:

With the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing and new strains seemingly developing as this is typed...who thinks it’s safe to travel and hunt Africa this year?

I myself am torn between going and staying home and just want to get my fellow hunters opinions.
I have all intentions to go.. Our airport started giving the covid 19 virus PRC test. And have also arranged for the same returning to the states. August is my department dates so I believe I have it covered along with Gracy Travel. Now if uncle jo stops screwing with the process ??

Third round of flights cancelled! Now choice is British Airways or Ethiopian Air at more than twice the
cost with questionable schedule! Going to try to reschedule Safari dates in hopes things improve.
I just dont trust British Airways!

This is the next step in the virus plan. I would be willing to bet this becomes more prevalent with lots more countries. All the yes leaders are following. I think Biden has also drank the coolaid so watch for more. Seeing lots more "push" from the "pushers" on double masks, that's next. Plan is unfolding exactly as wanted.

MB

Third round of flights cancelled! Now choice is British Airways or Ethiopian Air at more than twice the
cost with questionable schedule! Going to try to reschedule Safari dates in hopes things improve.
I just dont trust British Airways!
If you have the time and the money, you can still get to Africa but there are just too many uncertainties for me right now even if I had a free Safari waiting in Africa. What is the likelihood I could get my trophy out of Africa if I went?

With no direct flights from the USA to Africa, personally, I'm waiting.

Yesterday, I booked my flight to Zimbabwe for my 21 day hunt with @TRAVEL EXPRESS . Taking Emirates, leaving LAX on the 28th July and getting back on the 23 of August. Emirates will pick me up from home and put me up at the airport hotel during the layover.

Lori sorted me out and once I figure out which guns to take and update the customs forms, she will also take care of the firearms approval with the Emirates.

A lot less hassle than trying to take care of everything on my own, especially during these uncertain times.

Definitely recommend using them.

Got my June flights to Botswana today on Qatar to JNB and Airlink to Maun. Test before I go and test before I leave. It’s not that difficult. I’ve flown three times during COVID. I sanitize my seat and armrests and wear N95 mask.

Got my June flights to Botswana today on Qatar to JNB and Airlink to Maun. Test before I go and test before I leave. It’s not that difficult. I’ve flown three times during COVID. I sanitize my seat and armrests and wear N95 mask.
I'll probably be rebooking my February flights with Qatar on monday to either May or June. Third time I have had to rebook due to new travel regulations from Belgian government. Hope third time is the charm!

Any of you have been hunting in Africa in the past few months already? Was there a noticeable difference in the hunt compared to normal years? More game, bigger horns, less people, etc. ? Or very little difference with a normal year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois