Who’s going to Hunt Africa this year?

We would've lost an entire day getting the test to return as he's way out.
He also stated something about another rapid test at the airport itself in addition to the test a couple days prior.
All in all he doesn't believe he can provide an enjoyable experience

The airport test was a specific airline. Forget the name but a Delta partner.
The biggest issue after talking more is that due to curfews and travel for a test we would likely lose nearly 3 of our scheduled 6 days.
Planning to move this hunt all the way to April 2023 due to other bookings next year.
Now working to see about the tickets I bought months ago.

I'm still considering going in April. (Anyone interested in joining)
Also was hoping to go to Kruger or maybe Marakele. I'll look into it to see if the parks are still an option.

I'm still considering going in April. (Anyone interested in joining)
Also was hoping to go to Kruger or maybe Marakele. I'll look into it to see if the parks are still an option.
I checked Kruger and it was/is open, not fully but open, our "hut" was available for 4 of the 5 days we need. Covid rules well planned and listed on San Parks site. I have a voucher from our planned, organized and paid tour portion so now am looking at attending to use. Would love to join you but do not think I could make it a full summer in SA. Dam. I am having trouble finding a reasonable cost and close place to get a pre travel Covid test. Almost afraid to ask as most crazies want our whole dam country in martial law. Am glad our Premier was just told he has NO legal way to close BC's Provincial border. Are you taking your firearms or renting? I need to complete the forms but am unsure if Ott is even working. Best is I do have some time.

MB

I am still set for a May 28th departure. I shifted departure day from USA to allow for Covid test. I am not sure if I will have had vaccine by then or not. I have all the necessary Covid tests that are required at this time lined up for departure date. PH had arrangements on his end for Covid Test for return. Testing site is only 1 1/2 hours from base camp. I will be going if I am alive, flights are going and either South Africa or USA has not shut travel down again.
I need my fix on hunting Africa again.

The political weapon will have been swept under the rug of history by prime time this year I think. WHO just changed the testing procedure to produce less positive results. Less deaths will be attributed to COVID moving forward, and already an OP-ED in USA Today to Xiden advising him to lift the lockdowns(as if the President put them in place in the first place.)

To clarify, the virus is real, but its danger to us has been vastly overblown, and we have learned much in the last year. And anyone not spinning for the narrative has been tarred and feathered.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”​

Our out fitter in SA confirmed testing was available there so booking flights today. Flying out of DFW April 2

I go as soon as I get the vaccine..

Bohor reedbuck.
image1.jpeg

As I am getting ready to board a flight in Cameroon we were able to have a doctor come to the hotel last night to administer covid test. I should not need one as I will be back before the 26th but P.H. does to enter SA. Better to have one if needed.

Good morning All

We have done a bit of phoning around to give our clients the correct info regarding SA and testing.I hope this info can help.

Firstly SA is open at this stage and will receive international guest and hunters with open arms.

By all accounts we look to be over the second wave of infections as infected numbers are slowly coming down and recovery rate has been steadily increasing over the last couple of weeks.We should be getting new details on our level 3 lockdown on or before 15 Feb.

Regarding testing before your departure back to your home country this is the info we have but please make sure what is required.

The CDC website states that a rapid antigen test or PCR would be sufficient ( from a lab ) for re entry in to the US ( not sure about Europe ).

Most bigger towns in SA does have labs that do the testing like Ampath and Lancet.We phoned one close to our property and confirmed that travels can do the PCR and should receive their results back within 48 hours.

We have also found a Dischem pharmacy ( not a lab but registered nurse) about 20 min from Johannesburg Int airport that does the rapid antigen test.You will receive results within 15 min.

Safe travels to all and happy hunting!

Regards

Rouan

These positive reports are killing me.
But I can't go against what my outfitter is advising me for my time with him.

Possible issue for those coming back. Hopefully things will change in a few months.

1611324917845.png

Going. Only thing that can stop me is an outright ban on travel. I'll be damned if I'd live in bubble-wrap like a neurotic hypochondriac. Not living in order to stay alive seems like a bit of a contradiction to me. And I also believe that the numbers of this pandemic have been artificially inflated, and strangely overadvertised.

10 days in the Karoo, with a good buddy and an arsenal of classic rifles. I'll dedicate my first trophy to all of those who wear a mask even while alone in their cars. Boom.

Most likely your domicile. Tough to enforce unless they force people to load an app on their phone and keep track via GPS. Might run into Constitutional issues though.

Possible issue for those coming back. Hopefully things will change in a few months.

View attachment 385318
I wouldn't worry about this IMO. Only exception is if your employer requires you to tell them where you go when you take days off...you could be "taking mental health days at home, see you in X days"

And there is the depressing news. Belgium forbids all travel outside of Belgium for non-professional reasons... We can start rebooking a third time... :E Crying:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg