Wade J VanGinkel

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I haven't had time to play with it much yet and haven't even taken things apart.
But I was wondering if someone has a link to proper process of adjusting the trigger.
It currently has a horrible amount of creep. I've never adjusted a trigger before but have replaced several.
Decided to play with this one before making the decision to move on.
Ty

Screenshot_20200124-051105_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it to a good gunsmith and ask for a trigger job, see if he can give you what you are looking for. If not, Timney has got something with your name on it.

Take it to a good gunsmith and ask for a trigger job, see if he can give you what you are looking for. If not, Timney has got something with your name on it.
I've already checked out the timney and will go that route if I need to.
My gunsmith is an hour and a half away but that is an option as well.
Just want to give it a go myself first for fun

Wade: not trying to hijack your thread here. I have a Zastava with double set triggers that need some work. Will be interested in seeing what you find out on this.

I've already checked out the timney and will go that route if I need to.
My gunsmith is an hour and a half away but that is an option as well.
Just want to give it a go myself first for fun

if youre talking 3 hours round trip.. the cost of fuel and an hour of a competent gunsmiths time will cost you more than a commercial mauser trigger from timney...

I've got timneys in all of my mausers (5x in total).. couldnt be happier with them.. they make an excellent product, at a very fair price.. and are a great company as well (super customer service, known to take exceptional care of their employees, etc..)..

You can adjust a factory trigger fairly easily.. if i recall correctly, it is set up much like the timney with one screw that adjusts over travel, and another that adjusts for the weight of the trigger.. I dont think its easy to take much of the slop/creep out of the factory trigger though.. thats something you're likely going to have to live with, with the factory trigger unless youre willing to engage the gunsmith (in that case, see above.. its cheaper/easier to just install a timney, that will have little to no creep in it from the factory)..

. I dont think its easy to take much of the slop/creep out of the factory trigger though.. thats something you're likely going to have to live with, with the factory trigger
If that's the case I won't be living with it. Lol
I'll replace it if needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg