Whitworth Express Rifle .375 H&H made in Manchester England

Milan

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alberta, RSA
Manchester England Whitworth Express Rifle built on MARK X barreled action. Express sights. One fixed (100 yds) and two flip up leaf (200 & 300 yds) rear sights. Fine bead and flip up night sight on the front. Handles extremely well for a .375. Lighter and shorter than Brno 602, for example, yet well balanced with very manageable recoil due to good stock design. Excellent shape. Feeds and shoots very well. Low round count (less than 100). Beautiful bluing and stock. Has some light gun safe marks otherwise mint.

PAL is a must. Located in Calgary but willing to ship at buyer's expense. No trades please.

Price $2100 CDN

651362-1641630546.JPG

More pictures here

Very Noice.

Thank you. It is very nice. Just going down in calibers and number of rifles. Hopefully to fund another PG safari. :D

Very nice rifle with good looking wood. I have one just like it. Good luck with the sale.

Sir, PAL is a must— what does that mean? Also, do u have an estimate on shipping to Missouri USA? Thank you

PAL is a Canadian firearms license (Possession and Acquisition License). Not sure what is required to ship across the border these days. It used to be a need to fill out permanent firearm export certificate which should be no problem. But I think I can only fill one out based on your Import certificate.

I can look into it Mon.

Perhaps you can ship to an FFL ( federal firearm license) holder here in the states. Please do check in to it. Thanks

Does it have British proof marks on the barrel or receiver?
What is the date code on the rear of the receiver on the right side just forward of the sight plug screws?

Perhaps you can ship to an FFL ( federal firearm license) holder here in the states. Please do check in to it. Thanks
It runs about $250 CAD and then shipping from Lake Havasu.

Does it have British proof marks on the barrel or receiver?
What is the date code on the rear of the receiver on the right side just forward of the sight plug screws?
IMG_3420.JPG
IMG_3421.JPG

The one after the serial number looks British (Brit crown) to me. But I would not know.

Here are some details of the imperfections as well as pictures of the glued in rear cross-bolt and I guess "bedded" front cross-bolt.
IMG_3422.JPG
IMG_3423.JPG
IMG_3424.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG

I think they are. My .458 which is earlier than yours shows the BNP stamp, British Nitro Proof in a couple places, but some of the marks there look like the real deal. And that the pressure is shown in tons is another clue.
The markings vary a lot on these rifles. My .458 also has Whitworth Rifle Company in a nice script style on the barrel forward.
Neither of mine have the rear crossbolt, thats an aftermarket addition, and my .458 had the same inadequate bedding job forward at the main recoil lug, but was all broke out and split and I had to totally rebuild that area.
My later .375 was properly bedded there and also has an added recoil lug forward into the forearm that is also epoxy bedded, a much better system.

I figured the crown and the tons in pressure were a clue. Not sure what the other proof marks are but this rifle seems legit. I only bought it slightly used (apparently 8 rounds fired). I put a scope on it, broke the scope, but found it accurate and easy to shoot. So I put another scope on it but never liked the mounts. Then I sold the scopes and never ended up using this rifle as I have a CZ 550 in 9.3x62. Lately I have been trying to finish or pass along my unfinished projects and safe queens to simplify and maybe justify another hunting trip to Africa or anywhere abroad. So this safe queen came up for sale. I gotta do these things quickly in order to not be tempted to change my mind. :D

Last edited:
Caliber is probably spelled as 'calibre' also correct?

I'd have to go look again but I think so. It has that on the side of the barrel opposite from these proof marks. It also has that Whitworth Rifle Company Manchester England (I think) on top of the barrel.

It runs about $250 CAD and then shipping from Lake Havasu.
@jacques smith
OK. I have confirmed that to US I actually do not need an export permit. But shipping is a bit of a gong show. So I would need your FFL to let me know where to ship and how (which carrier) and I'm still not sure how the brokerage works to get it from CDN side to US side. I.e. if the carrier will take care of that or not.

@Aaron N
Aaron...who did you ship with? And why Lake Havasu? That's in AZ no?

@jacques smith
OK. I have confirmed that to US I actually do not need an export permit. But shipping is a bit of a gong show. So I would need your FFL to let me know where to ship and how (which carrier) and I'm still not sure how the brokerage works to get it from CDN side to US side. I.e. if the carrier will take care of that or not.

@Aaron N
Aaron...who did you ship with? And why Lake Havasu? That's in AZ no?
That’s where IRUNGUNS is out of. I would assume it would go to their office. Another point to note, the rifle would have to be engraved with the importing companies name.

B3E31186-094A-4866-AC0A-3EDE7946578B.png

Thanks fellas for finding out details. Shipping costs aren’t prohibitive but I truly would hate to see engraving of 26 characters. Best of luck. Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross