Whitworth Express Rifle .375 H&H For Sale

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Whitworth Express Rifle .375H&H

I have decided to go with .416Rigby for an up coming water buffalo hunt so for sale we have this rifle which I purchased in September and I have learned loads about Whitworth rifles and this one in particular.

Markings show it to be a 1975 production- apparently the previous owner likes to get rifles and have his gunsmith do them up right and then move onto the next project.

$975.00 Cash only, located in Texas and willing to ship but not to California. Contact by PM ONLY!
bnkIyZA.jpg

Took it to the range one last time today, this group was standing, 50yds with open sights; ammo was 350gr Woodleigh SP loaded with RL22 powder.
AUs0jeH.jpg

1 Standing V & 2 folding leaf sights, original front sight hood, Birmingham proof marks, LOP 14", Pachmeyer Decelorator recoil pad, excellent trigger, pillar and glass bedded action and bottom metal, and I believe the for end has a rod epoxied in it and whoever did the bedding job apparently went all out with both the action and bottom metal, tang relieved and bedded, cross bolt added before the grip and epoxied in a + configuration with the vertical pillars.
bSx2DdX.jpg
9ChIs1w.jpg
npzo1mE.jpg
KH5pexZ.jpg
rbLTcgC.jpg
T0DLsSx.jpg

Action marked "ZASTAVA - YUGOSLAVIA" under the woodline on tang
GrHnjhO.jpg
k27GNWJ.jpg

Bedded bottom metal
X50R2n5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I commend you on the detailed description of the rifle. I wish all sellers took the time to describe their rifles as you have. Good job.

Looks like a great deal. The guy that just popped up on another new thread looking for a .375 better jump on this or someone else quickly will!

Looks like a great deal. The guy that just popped up on another new thread looking for a .375 better jump on this or someone else quickly will!
I definitely would have if I didn’t just buy a new one a few weeks ago...wish I had known of this place sooner

Nice rifle at a very fair price!

Seller and I conversed at length about this rifle, an early British made one. Has proper proof marks on the underside of the barrel, early front sight, early swivel style, early markings which varied by vintage. It is an Interarms import and has the castle marking on the barrel, not often seen.
With all the upgrades it should be a great rifle.
GLWS!
My avatar rifle is a .375 Whitworth.

Seller and I conversed at length about this rifle, an early British made one. Has proper proof marks on the underside of the barrel, early front sight, early swivel style, early markings which varied by vintage. It is an Interarms import and has the castle marking on the barrel, not often seen.
With all the upgrades it should be a great rifle.
GLWS!
My avatar rifle is a .375 Whitworth.
Thanks you sir!.... I'm happy to announce that the rifle is now SOLD PENDING FUNDS; and I will update this post accordingly.

Further - Yes sestoppelman; thank you for your reference pictures and answering my questions on this gun; its a fine rifle and I'm happy it will have a new home.

I learned some things about these rifles by seeing yours. If things go well I should have another one next week and will post about it.

Ahhh wish I would of seen this sooner lol. Congrats great looking rifle.

I hate being broke. That is a deal everyday.

Rifle is SOLD!..... And with a flawless transaction from Wishfulthinker580, very easy to do business with.
It was a pleasure doing business with you sir. I’m very happy with the rifle. Buy from deewayne2003 with confidence!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great rifle at a very fair price. Congratulations to both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg