Whitworth 458 Winchester Magnum For Sale $725

Dinsdale

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Whitworth; Zastava built gun and imported by Interarms. (Same action and manufacturer as Remington 798)

Blueing and metal is in good shape. There are a few stock dings; I'm second owner and I think the first just liked to show off his elephant gun. Missing sight hood. Original whitworth recoil pad. 13 5/8" trigger to pad. Holds 3 in magazine; I've never tried "snapping" the extractor over one in chamber. Trigger bow release. 8 1/4 lbs on my scale for just rifle.

$725 plus shipping. Postal money order.

EskuPnz.jpg

b08cSfX.jpg

L1pEUGE.jpg

fV0aOym.jpg

kemFLFM.jpg

Attachments

• L1pEUGE.jpg
    L1pEUGE.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 403
  • kemFLFM.jpg
    kemFLFM.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 377
  • fV0aOym.jpg
    fV0aOym.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 393
  • b08cSfX.jpg
    b08cSfX.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 640
Last edited by a moderator:
Very good deal for someone!

If I weren’t already 2/3 the way through a 416 build I’d snatch this up in a heartbeat...

My original plan was to build a 458... but I got a deal on a 416 Taylor barrel that I couldn’t refuse.. so I went that direction...

I made a good deal on this a while ago; shot a few boxes of factory ammo through it to fool around a bit, and now sending it along.

I have decided to sell a few things that I'm just not going to use anytime in the near future in the field.

I also have a set of used RCBS dies I bought but have not used that could go along for additional $25. I'd send brass too, but have sold that local.

Beautiful Rifle! Excellent price!

Anyone halfway serious about this rifle better buy it before you-know-who sees it!

Anyone halfway serious about this rifle better buy it before you-know-who sees it!

lol.. I was thinking the exact same thing....

Was asked for a few more pics of crown and action, I'm not photographer but will do best.....

vla0zyl.jpg

fRMHyQB.jpg

Iz1Apd7.jpg

3scbvxZ.jpg

14xxH25.jpg

Few marks, front of trigger bow has marks (shooting rest maybe?), small scuff at pencil point, a few dings on comb area of stock. I think my description of good condition is accurate; its not pristine, but I don't think it would disappoint anyone for the price that I think is fair.

PIl4eai.jpg

qOabGuq.jpg

jllXjsP.jpg

Attachments

• vla0zyl.jpg
    vla0zyl.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 333
  • qOabGuq.jpg
    qOabGuq.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 328
  • PIl4eai.jpg
    PIl4eai.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 334
  • jllXjsP.jpg
    jllXjsP.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Iz1Apd7.jpg
    Iz1Apd7.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 365
  • fRMHyQB.jpg
    fRMHyQB.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 14xxH25.jpg
    14xxH25.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 3scbvxZ.jpg
    3scbvxZ.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 379
Hello,
Do the serial numbers on the rifle and bolt match? Is this an adjustable trigger? What would shipping be to 8530?
Thank you

And who might you be referring to?

Surprised this hasn't sold.

The market has definitely shifted.

Solid rifle, good name, CRF, large bore at 2/3 the price of five years ago.

Hello,
Do the serial numbers on the rifle and bolt match? Is this an adjustable trigger? What would shipping be to 8530?
Thank you

As far as I know its all original......I think these have adjustment for weight, but I have never had it out of stock.....maybe someone can comment who has one.

Theres only 4 digits of a zip code in your post but assuming 85301 as a basis....shipping is going to be around $45-50 to your FFL from individual.

If it needs to go FFL to FFL, then I think a shop near my charges $25 for his service.

I hate to mention, but did you notice that the stock is cracked on both side of the rear tang screw? This is fairly classic with "industrial grade" inletting of large caliber mauser actions...

The gun can still be made into a 'bomb-proof' DG gun with a Bell & Carlson stock (https://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1106) and a 3-position safety retrofit (Dakota, Pacific Tool & Gauge, Gentry, Brownells, etc.). Willing to bet that the action is long enough to allow the chamber to be open for .458 Lott.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.14.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.14.44 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 366
I noticed that too, wondered if anyone else did. These rifles are bedded pretty well in two places, at least my .375 is. Trigger is fully and easily adjustable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg