Whitworth .458 For Sale

cal pappas

Contributor
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Fellas: My .458 Whitworth is on the block. Rifle is excellent in and out, has an OK scope, sling and if the buyer is in Alaska I probably can find some ammo. Price is $1300 plus postage to your FFL. FFL should accept the rifle from a non FFL and I will include a copy of my driver's license. Thanks for looking. PM if any questions. Payment over a couple of months is fine if that's easier for you.
DSC_0955.JPG
DSC_0956.JPG
DSC_0957.JPG
DSC_0958.JPG
DSC_0953.JPG
DSC_0954.JPG

Very nice rifle and very fair price! What is the brand and power of the scope? I also like the fact that someone could buy it and make a couple of payments on it while you hold on to the rifle. I bought a rifle from a member here awhile back that way and it worked out well.

I believe the scope is a Bushnell 4x. Nothing fancy but fine for general shooting. If you like the rifle, you can send half down now and the other half plus postage in a month. I'm easy to work with.
Cal

Why selling?? Estimate of number of rounds through it.

Selling as I have way too much stuff and am getting old with no family or heirs. Most of my firearms, reloading supplies, primers, powder, brass, ammo, bullets are going at local gun shows and some on the internet.

No way to estimate the number of rounds but it is very few from the condition of the rifle. I would guess a few boxes.

I just want to be the first to throw their name in for consideration as the inheriting heir. JK.

Someone should jump on this. That's a darn good price for a darn good DG rifle/caliber, and from someone you can trust.

You are first on the list, CJW!
Never having any family, my will is divided between ex wives, ex girlfriends, and ex students.
None of them have anuy interest in English double rifles!
I will take the .458 to the gun show this weekend if no one here snaps it up.

You are first on the list, CJW!
Never having any family, my will is divided between ex wives, ex girlfriends, and ex students.
None of them have anuy interest in English double rifles!
I will take the .458 to the gun show this weekend if no one here snaps it up.
Ah, none of the "ex's (exes?)" will want or need any of your reloading stuff. If you decide to put some of us AH members in your will, I'd like to be first in the line of succession for some .338 bullets. LOL

Reactions: CJW
I spoke to a friend yestyerday and he has dozens of boxes of .338 bullets and brass. PM me your number and I will give it to him.

PM didn't come through. I phoned the fella and told him to come to this thread and PM you.
Cal

PM didn't come through. I phoned the fella and told him to come to this thread and PM you.
Cal
My computer locked up again. I think someone on here gave me a virus. Hope it's not the Bidetron variant? Anyway, the PM shows it went through.

Yes, the PM came through in over a hour. I replied wiht the gent's number here in Alaska.
get with him soon as all of his stuff is packed for the gun show this weekend.

Bump for a good deal.

Assuming it is a 458 Win Mag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg