Whitworth 375 H&H For Sale - As New

AZtwins

AH senior member
Reaction score
Man I hate to sell this but I have medical bills to pay. This is my "Africa rifle" that never made it to Africa. I planned to scope it and at least use it for elk but never got around to it.

Whitworth 375 - Interarms import, marked Manchester England. 24" barrel, 1 standing 2 folding leaf sights, weighs right at 9 lbs. I took it to the desert once and fired maybe 10 rounds just to verify function. Not a mark on it that I can find. The best wood of any gun I own. $1075 shipped to your FFL in the US. I can take Venmo, PayPal f&f, USPS Money Order

whit-9.jpg
whit-4.jpg
whit-1.jpg
whit-8.jpg
whit-3.jpg
whit-7.jpg

I have a Whitworth .375 and like it very much. But it did not come with wood like yours!.............fine offer..................FWB

When was it made? Is Whitworth a current brand?

When was it made? Is Whitworth a current brand?

I too would like to know when it was made; I believe they started making those rifles in 1974; manufacturing date is on the rifle, it will be 4 digits long.

Example (1175 would indicate November 1975)

This number will be just at, if not slightly below the wood line, just in front of the bolt on the right side of the frame, between the 2 screws in the picture below.

You can barely see factory stamped 4 digit code just below the "5703043" that was inscribed just above the date code on this particular rifle.
6w6OZk4.jpg

Looks like 1983 mfg date. While I was there I got a shot of the bedding and verified it as a Zastava gun.
whit-10.jpg
whit-11.jpg
whit-12.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same Safari model in .375 with a plain Jane stock. I believe Interarms stopped making the Whitworth Safari models in .375 and .458 WM in 1994. Mine is a great shooting rifle from 1991 and has a button on the right side of the trigger guard for the magazine release. Yours is absolutely beautiful with that wood. I haven’t seen a Whitworth with factory wood like that before. Good luck on the sale!

Thought so too, mine is an '83 and stamp difference is obvious.

I too would like to know when it was made; I believe they started making those rifles in 1974; manufacturing date is on the rifle, it will be 4 digits long.

Example (1175 would indicate November 1975)

This number will be just at, if not slightly below the wood line, just in front of the bolt on the right side of the frame, between the 2 screws in the picture below.

You can barely see factory stamped 4 digit code just below the "5703043" that was inscribed just above the date code on this particular rifle.
6w6OZk4.jpg

Thanks for the information. I never knew about the date. My parents gave me a 270 Interarms Mark X. I believe it was 1974. Just went and looked up the date and it is 0573. Very cool. I still have the original Mauser x4 Scope on it.

It's been awhile since it was out of the safe. Just decided to use it for deer this year. Thanks. ;)

1600553422545.jpeg

I see a few Mauser scopes from time to time, not many. Is it any good? I got married 4/73! Imagine anyone being married to me that long? LOL.

Sorry for the typo :rolleyes:. I meant to write 1986. Looks like "0286" to me.

I see a few Mauser scopes from time to time, not many. Is it any good? I got married 4/73! Imagine anyone being married to me that long? LOL.

Last time I used it the Mauser scope worked good. I need to get it to the range. I might be buying something besides the old CoreLokt's I still have in the closet. :D

Sorry for the typo :rolleyes:. I meant to write 1986. Looks like "0286" to me.

You have a beautiful rifle. Hope you get it sold soon. Sorry about the medical bills.

That is one sweet rifle! Get well/paid up on the bills!

What that is nice looking wood! Best of luck on the sale!

PM Sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg