Whisky appreciation

It’s Scotch season…
DA48D156-4046-428B-8AC6-DEC54605349A.jpeg

This is a 57.8% abv, so it needs opened up with a little iron free limestone water…Slàinte

On our Save hunt Bowmore was the every day single malt and The Dalmore was only cracked for my buddies first buff. We had a couple of young bloods in camp, clearly still into the canned beer stage of life, but they sniffed and swirled and pronounced it good.

Just came from a celebration of the feast of St. Andrew where we listened to the pipers and had a dram or two from the lineup in the video.

On our Save hunt Bowmore was the every day single malt and The Dalmore was only cracked for my buddies first buff. We had a couple of young bloods in camp, clearly still into the canned beer stage of life, but they sniffed and swirled and pronounced it good.
When exactly does one advance beyond the canned beer stage? :giggle: Sixty years hasn’t done it for me.

@Kevin Peacocke @BeeMaa

So, through guidance of Eric I've launched into an investigation of my own palate (pallet for those of the aluminum beer can crew! :p).

I've been drinking Macallan 12 due to its good price at Sams Club. I ventured into Oban (thank you Kevin - a connection to Zimbabwe when I hunted with Own Lewis in 2011) then Dalmore 12. I find the Dalmore smoother but enjoy both. Talisker Storm is in my future as it is available in my local store (can we call them a dealer or peddler!?) in Florida.

We had a poker and pool evening on Saturday, preceeded by a Scotch taste and learn. The lineup was Glen Grant to Lagavulin. My favourite was the old trusty Glenfiddich, Lagy is just too rich for me.
DB800EB7-66B5-44EB-99AC-6C54BD99CDB1.jpeg

We had a poker and pool evening on Saturday, preceeded by a Scotch taste and learn. The lineup was Glen Grant to Lagavulin. My favourite was the old trusty Glenfiddich, Lagy is just too rich for me.
View attachment 439482
Pretty much anything distilled in the lowlands is too rich (in peat) for me.

Not generally a big Scotch drinker, but when I buy any, it's usually Glenmorangie 10. There's a hint of citrus in it that just appeals to me. Lucky me since I can get it for about 30 USD/750mL

Yes Glenmorangie is nice. Glen Grant is very drinkable, like Christmas cake in a bottle. Overall I am sticking to Oban 14, gosh that is so tasty.

I agree with Sgt Zim Glenmorangie 10 has a nice citrus hint. Have recently bought a few more bottles of Scotch although I'm firmly in bourbon country. Usually stick with Highland and Speyside distillers, Islays like Lagavullin just too rich as Kevin said. Have enjoyed Bruichladdich on rare nights, Bowmore is good also. And remember alcohol kills the virus!

It’s Scotch season…
View attachment 437240

This is a 57.8% abv, so it needs opened up with a little iron free limestone water…Slàinte
Scotch season? It's getting warm here.

I enjoy Scotch, I enjoy Whiskey and Rum.

I don't drink that Rye stuff America loves. It's a whole different flavour or variety.

I agree with Sgt Zim Glenmorangie 10 has a nice citrus hint. Have recently bought a few more bottles of Scotch although I'm firmly in bourbon country. Usually stick with Highland and Speyside distillers, Islays like Lagavullin just too rich as Kevin said. Have enjoyed Bruichladdich on rare nights, Bowmore is good also. And remember alcohol kills the virus!
That's exactly me. Much prefer Bourbon, Texas Whiskey, and American Whiskey

View attachment 439482
If Lagavulin is a bit much for you, give Caol Ila a try. It's one of my favorites.

Scotch season? It's getting warm here.

I enjoy Scotch, I enjoy Whiskey and Rum.

I don't drink that Rye stuff America loves. It's a whole different flavour or variety.

Rye is more of a Canadian thing. It seems that bourbon is the whiskey of choice in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElvisHertz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!