Which season do you prefer or don't you mind..

Which is it all year round or cooler months

• All year round

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Cooler months

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
this is great feed back AH seems to be a bit "heated "
well from what i can see the cold climate members like the warmth and the warm climate members prefer the cool.
But this is all season specific as the North and South hemisphere are in opposite season and so there hunting season which makes it possible to hunt for a long time if you move between the hemispheres.
Interesting to see Paw Print you hit the nail on the head with the safari price being better in the "off" season.

Shot Shot

Hunting in 40deg October valley heat sucks, but still wont put me off.
Hunting in -5deg Bloemfontein winters sucks, but still wont put me off.
:ROFLMAO:

aahhhh ,a nice wander after buff in the october warmth in the valley......:E Sun::E Sun::E Sun::A Yeah: :D Beers:

I much prefer to hunt when its cool , rainy and windy all the better .
we hunt in the warmer months as well , but the flys , shit me to tears, and in the cooler months theres less pressure to save the meat,
just hang it anywhere.
and them bloody snakes , havnt seen one in Africa ,and im happy to keep it that way!!

I've only been lucky enough for one safari so far, but it was 40*C the one day and that was too hot, weather changed and got cooler and more comfortable. If you let me run the thermostat I'd set it on the cooler side, but I'll hunt any day you give me the chance.

aahhhh ,a nice wander after buff in the october warmth in the valley......:E Sun::E Sun::E Sun::A Yeah: :D Beers:
yep, about right... just slightly warmer than toasty and just enough to make the beer taste even better than it usually does.:P Elmer Fudd: :E Sun::P Elmer Fudd::E Sun::D Beers::D Beers::D Cheers::D Cheers::D Passed Out:

I have really liked May-August, though August was really brown in color and made it harder to glass animals.

Late September is my favorite. Less hunters, so better deals and the lodge to yourself. Less travelers, so lower plane fares, and lots of space on board.

Weather is usually fine.

Hunting during Oct-Feb...
upload_2014-12-19_19-12-56.png

Hunting during March-Sep…
IMG-20130728-00579.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you hunt around a rock garden , off your verandah????.......:E Big Grin::E Big Grin:

and maybe some of them white rhino beetles?

April/May & Sept/Oct

Much lower airfare, fewer hunters in camp and sometimes good deals...

I live in a freezer more or less for 6 months a year so would not mind hot-weather hunting if the deal is good. Will hunt elephant anywhere/anytime... + cape buffalo..

I have enjoyed late April . The rains are over for the most part and it's not really cold yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,