Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I have narrowed my options to these three scopes.
Trijicon AcuuPoint 1-4x %
Trijicon AcuuPower 1-4x
Leupold VX-R 1.25-4x

All three will work. You will not need the ballistic capability, but illuminated recitals are a big bonus on a dangerous game rifle that might be used to sort out the sticking spot on a buff in dense cover and bad light. All three offer that. I would probably go with the best deal I could find.

That's what I was thinking. I do know they all use 30mm rings.

I am gradually becoming a Trijicon fanboy. :D

I have a lot more shooting and hunting to do with them before my opinion can carry weight - but I’ve purchased 2 in the past months and expect they won’t be my last!

I have been very impressed so far.

I have only been able to look through one Trijicon Accupower model in 1-4 but it was not to my eye in the same class as the Accupoint. The reticle on the Accupower even when lit did not stand out against the target as well as the Accupoint IMHO.

I am gradually becoming a Trijicon fanboy. :D

I have a lot more shooting and hunting to do with them before my opinion can carry weight - but I’ve purchased 2 in the past months and expect they won’t be my last!

I have been very impressed so far.
What rings did you get high, medium or low

What rings did you get high, medium or low

1-6 mounted in low Alaskan Arm QD rings.

The pic makes it look like you'd have trouble sliding a round into the chamber, but it is no issue. Practice, practice, practice. :)

IMG_0346.jpg

How do you like the rings? Are they steel?

I haven’t looked through either of the Trijicon offerings, plan to visit their booth tomorrow @ DSC.

From specs, 1-4x Accupoint looks like a great fit for new 416 Ruger. Want to see how I like the red triangle post

All would be good choices, however, I’m a little shy of the battery life on the AcuuPower. As far as the 1-4x AcuuPoint, it only has 3.2” of eye relief. On the other hand the 1-6x AcuuPoimt has 3.9” of eye relief. And you can’t Go wrong with a Leupold.

All would be good choices, however, I’m a little shy of the battery life on the AcuuPower. As far as the 1-4x AcuuPoint, it only has 3.2” of eye relief. On the other hand the 1-6x AcuuPoimt has 3.9” of eye relief. And you can’t Go wrong with a Leupold.
The Leupold is the least expensive of the three. Can you just leave the light off. In regular conditions and turn it on when needed.

I just measured the eye relief on my 1-4 Accupoint.

At 1 power, I start to lose a little on the edge at 5.25 inches.

At 4 power, I start to lose a little on the edge at 3.5 inches.

This is to my eyebrow, not my eyeball.

The Leupold is the least expensive of the three. Can you just leave the light off. In regular conditions and turn it on when needed.

Yes and it’s the one I would go with!

I would go Leupold and I would get a set of Skinner sights as well. Just love those brass ghost rings on No1’s.

The Leupold also has more eye relief.
Measuring the same way, my Accupoint 1-6 has about .25" more eye relief than my VX-6 1-6 HD.

I saw your post and had to check...because my seat of the pants use of both had me thinking "that can't be".

They are close, but my Accupoint beats my Leupold on eye relief.

The only direct comparison I have made is at 1X....which is where you want the most eye relief IMO...quick shot where you don't have time to think about eye relief.

I checked the Spec sheets the AcuuPoint 1-4 has 3.2 eye relief
AcuuPower has 3.5
Luepold VX-R 1.25- 4 has 3.7-4.1.
I assume the Trijicons used 4x to check theirs.

I just measured the eye relief on my 1-4 Accupoint.

At 1 power, I start to lose a little on the edge at 5.25 inches.

At 4 power, I start to lose a little on the edge at 3.5 inches.

This is to my eyebrow, not my eyeball.
I just went off the spec on their website. I’m planning on sticking a Trijicon on my .416 Ruger and had been doing some comparison.

Never used a Trijicon, so I can’t comment on them. But my illuminated reticle Leupolds have served me well on night critters, low light kudu, full dark bushpig, Cape buffalo and black bears.

I don’t know how long the batteries last because I replace them all every couple of years.

Even my light weight Kimber Talkeetna 375 H&H with 300 grain bullets loaded to over 2,600 FPS hasn’t hit my brow yet!

Best of luck in your decision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross