Which rifle should I take to Africa???

Well that's what matters is that you take the one you shoot the best.

Yesterday's grouping with the 7x64 at 100 meters.

image.jpeg

Now is is time to get off the bench and onto the sticks.

yes I think it's about that time. Let's see what my partner in crime @Odinsraven has to say on the subject
Whatever your partner advises, be sure he post it, because I am sure it will be funny!!!

Keep up the practice as it will make the actual shooting much easier.

Hi to "The Blonde "
Good to see another female AH member!
I have been very lucky to go twice to the Eastern Cape, both times I took my 308 win.
You are lucky to be spoilt for choice, the 7x64 is amongst the top 5 continental cartridges in SA and we all know how popular the 308 win is! The 308 Norma , if you get separated from ammo carry case that could be an issue, plus the plains game you are looking at the first two will handle.

If you putting in range time with the 7x64 go with that, it has a longer history out in the field than the 308 win, get plenty of practice on sticks invaluable out in the bush and listen to your PH and above all enjoy, look forward to the report on your trip.

Best Regards
Ps my friend DM Shooting would like to know about the 308 Norma

I believe we have a winner. Use the 7x64 and don't look back.

Your PH will advise you on what distance to zero your rifle , he will know what the average distance of your shots will be .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross