Africa
Guys

First hunting trip to eastern cape
I have the the choice of three rifles
7x64
308 Remington model 7
308 norma magnum

All are suppressed and shoot MOA

Will be culling springbok, blesbok and maybe wildebeest...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The one you shoot best and are most comfortable with!

sierraone's reply is good. Assuming your are comfortable with all three, I'd vote for the 308, Rem Model Seven.

I am mostly fooling around with the 7x64 these days.... We seem to get along quite well... Might just be my companion for the trip

I'm definitely pro brenneke! Will seriously shine when hunting the game you have specified. Enjoy the hunt, let us know how it goes and send us pictures! Where are you hunting?

I'm leaning towards him....
I'll be hunting north east of Port Elizabeth, Craddock, Richard Holmes safari....
I will definitely be posting pictures and a hunting report :)

7 X 64 just because I don't like 308.
Markcz

Well I will add to the 7x64 crop. Its a favorite of mine and my most accurate sporting rifle EVER is so chambered. It literally shoots like a match rifle. Its a CZ of course. I think the .308 would also be fine but would leave the mag home, you wont need it.

View attachment 149057 a pink one ........sorry couldnt resist :E Rofl:and @Bill C will really like you as he is into pink......mind you i seem to recall @KMG Hunting Safaris marius also wearing pink..........:E Fear::E Big Grin:

Haha spike. No marius does gay blue small shorts he is not crazy enough to wear a pink shirt. I just hope one day I can bring some pinks shirts to zambia.

As for the question on this thread take the one you shoot the best.

If your outfitter has spare ammo for your cal take any one you shoot well. if not 308 ammo can be found anywhere. luggage sometimes gets lost guns not so much

Haha spike. No marius does gay blue small shorts he is not crazy enough to wear a pink shirt. I just hope one day I can bring some pinks shirts to zambia..

thanks now i do remember they were all dressed in powder blue..........:D and thanks but there is really no need to do that :eek:

Not EVERYONE has a 308... I don't own one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,