Which province in South Africa offers the best cross section of plains game and game birds?

SAFalconer

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Hi guys do you know which province in South Africa offers the best cross section of plains game and game birds? And what is the fishing like in these locations? Thanks for any advice in advance. Cheers.

SAFalconer,

I have hunted nearly all of the provinces in RSA, and in my opinion, the Limpopo Province offers the greatest variety of huntable species. You can encounter up to 40 different species on some properties not including the many small predators, varmints, and upland birds that you mentioned....I also feel the trophy quality is the best in the Limpopo.

As far as the upland birds, I would do some inquiring with each of the outfitters you may be considering, as some have property more attractive with cover and available feed than others. Some outfitters plant fields specifically to attract and hold birds. They also maintain the preferred cover. Bird hunting is one of my favorite things to do during a safari. On the right property, it's possible shoot through a case of shells in a morning session.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

I have also hunted many of the Provinces in South Africa. Yes, there are certain animals that are indigenous to certain areas, but since most hunting in South Africa is on private land, you can just about find any plains game animal anywhere in the country. It primarily depends on what animals the landowner has put on his property. Trophy quality also depends on how the landowner manages his property.

I have hunted (buff, PG & birds +jackal, baboon, etc) and fished (fly rod type) Limpopo District 3 times now and I vote with the others here who suggested it before me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!