AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
I like to buy an Eotech for my Double Rifle.
Eotech is not so popular in Germany,but,what I have seen, is good and Its seems it is very practical.
Thank you folks, for your advice.
Foxi

Sadly I don't use these tools yet.
Looking at the top of the line model, it appears your assessment is right.
Incredibly adaptable practical tool.

Hope someone who has used one can help you out.

think mine is one of the xp2 types on my PWS 114. i dont like that when you turn it off and then back on it doesnt go back to the brightness setting you had when turned turned on and set. in the bright zambian light i need to put it on nearly full brightness to pick up the dots......i know gizmo has one on his duty work rifle and he loves it. dont know what the small one mrds is like that looks like it would be best on a double. or the trijicon rmr sights.

I use them on muzzleloaders here in Utah because currently we can't use any magnified scopes during the muzzleloader seasons. There are features on some that you might not want to spend the extra money on. I use the 512 on both my muzzleloaders because I don't need night vision capability or side buttons. I also wasn't worried about length on the sight. I really like being able to use AA batteries since my radios and other electronics use them as well. On my oldest sight, I think I'm going on 8 years with it and have shot a lot and it's still going strong.

I love Eotechs on AR's, but to me they're awfully bulky for use on a double rifle. I love the 65 MOA circle around the small dot. To me, it's much more accurate and faster to use than a simple dot. But for a double rifle, I'd prefer something like a small, 1 or 2 oz. Leupold Delta Point Pro or Trijicon RMR.

Hi Foxi I use the Trijicon RMR on my .470NE double and really enjoy it.

It has been reliable and extended my realistic shooting range by quite a bit. (Bad eyes for open sights)

They are also a little less offensive looking than many others! I am a bit of a purist and confess to using a Leupold 1.5-5 on my 9.3 x 74R, but also agree it looks damn ugly!

hope that helps

i use and like the trijicon srs1.has a 1 3/4 inch dot instead of the 4 inchers.i also shoot the 9.3x74r.

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.......................my RMR doesn't look so bad anymore Spike T!!!

That's a beaut rifle, but man that scope!!!

:cry::(;)

different strokes for different folks dude!!!!!

Edward, Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way!

But I love the lines of a double..................and that scope truly messes them up.............like my RMR, so no offence meant!
:D Beers:

no problem.understand what your saying about the beauty of a double.however at 76 years old my eyesight does not allow me to shoot with open sights.this optic looked better to me than a regular scope,and as magnification wasnt the issue at dangerous game distance,this was my choice.my last hunt was in 2014 in june and i was able to get a hippo,sable,and cape buff with this combo.wont be using the setup again as i am a handgun hunter and just wanted to use this double at least once.

I row that same boat! Hence the RMR, my eyes just don't allow open sights any more. And since nothing compares to DG hunting with a double (IMHO) I had to put a sight on it, so I fully understand.

Using my 9.3x74R at distance has made go even one "worse" and I fit a Leupold 1-5 x 5 on it. Goes against my comments, but I am even getting used to how it looks now! :)

I have chased the devils cow for week or two, so far without success..................but I will get mine. Sounds like you had a good hunt! :notworthy:

Spent years in law enforcement and like Gizmo, used EOtech on my duty rifle and loved it. Still use them on my AR's. Now in my L.E. work, they couldn't be beat for low light quick target acquisition. Carries over well to hunting applications. Can't go wrong on AR type weapons, have never used one on a double

I row that same boat! Hence the RMR, my eyes just don't allow open sights any more. And since nothing compares to DG hunting with a double (IMHO) I had to put a sight on it, so I fully understand.

Using my 9.3x74R at distance has made go even one "worse" and I fit a Leupold 1-5 x 5 on it. Goes against my comments, but I am even getting used to how it looks now! :)

I have chased the devils cow for week or two, so far without success..................but I will get mine. Sounds like you had a good hunt! :notworthy:

@Jumbo come back to zambia and we will get you one even if you cant see the sights!! ;)

Oh Edward,
a wonderful Double,but for me is a trijicon no way .
I shot a docter sight these days and my decision now, is open sight or/and a small scope.
Thank you guys for your answers.
Foxi

Oh Edward,
a wonderful Double,but for me is a trijicon no way .
I shot a docter sight these days and my decision now, is open sight or/and a small scope.
Thank you guys for your answers.
Foxi
open sights are best on a double,if you can still see them.got to have young eyes.

Have a look at the Aimpoint Micro. Brilliant sights. Might cost a bit more than the others but worth it in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg