Which countries in Africa can you hunt in the rainforest?

Décio

AH senior member
Reaction score
Besides savannah, if you want to hunt in rainforest in Africa (game like bongo) which options do you have? I know it is possible in Central African Republic, Congo and Cameroon, but all 3 look pretty unstable to me, with armed conflicts between governments and opposition. Is there rainforest to hunt in countries like Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia? I believe there isn't in South Africa.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

You'll find rainforests in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Liberia, and Ghana. Bongo is most assured in CAR, Cameroon, and the Congo. If you're truly worried about conflicts I suggest you go to Hawaii, Australia, South Florida, or Mexico if you want to hunt in the jungle.

Besides savannah, if you want to hunt in rainforest in Africa (game like bongo) which options do you have? I know it is possible in Central African Republic, Congo and Cameroon, but all 3 look pretty unstable to me, with armed conflicts between governments and opposition. Is there rainforest to hunt in countries like Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia? I believe there isn't in South Africa.

Thanks a lot for your attention!
Hello,

You won't have any political issues in Cameroon for the moment. We have been selling hunts in Cameroun for more than 15 years to more than 120 SCI clients, and we never had any issues so far. If you are interested send me a private message. We can organize safari in Savanah and forest.

Best regards,

Romain

For the moment you have only 3 countries if you can hunt Bongo are Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville and C.A.R.

The country of the East have some big forest on the top of the mountain but it will be more like Ethiopia and really few forest animal.

We are doing Bongo in C.A.R for more than 30 years!!!

You'll find rainforests in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Liberia, and Ghana. Bongo is most assured in CAR, Cameroon, and the Congo. If you're truly worried about conflicts I suggest you go to Hawaii, Australia, South Florida, or Mexico if you want to hunt in the jungle.
Not Mexico!

Sorry if I was prejudiced. I really don't know the real situations in the countries I quoted. I'm also afraid of drug cartels in Mexico (I'm Brazilian, we can only hunt boars, but there is no problem here) I would like rainforest in Zambia, but anyway.

Thank you all, guys!

Hello,

You won't have any political issues in Cameroon for the moment. We have been selling hunts in Cameroun for more than 15 years to more than 120 SCI clients, and we never had any issues so far. If you are interested send me a private message. We can organize safari in Savanah and forest.

Best regards,

Romain
How fare are you from an airport?

For the moment you have only 3 countries if you can hunt Bongo are Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville and C.A.R.

The country of the East have some big forest on the top of the mountain but it will be more like Ethiopia and really few forest animal.

We are doing Bongo in C.A.R for more than 30 years!!!
How far are you from an airport?

How fare are you from an airport?
You will arrive in Douala or Yaoundre, spend the night and the next morning you will fly to the North to either Garoua or Ngaoundere. From Garoua to camp the drive is approximately 3 hours and from Ngaoundere it is approx 2 hours. This is for Savanah. For the forest you will take a charter plane from Garoua to Lokomo and then 1,5 hour drive to camp

You will arrive in Douala or Yaoundre, spend the night and the next morning you will fly to the North to either Garoua or Ngaoundere. From Garoua to camp the drive is approximately 3 hours and from Ngaoundere it is approx 2 hours. This is for Savanah. For the forest you will take a charter plane from Garoua to Lokomo and then 1,5 hour drive to camp
Sorry a plane from Douala to Lokomo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross