Which Countries are you planning on hunting in this year?

What Countries are you planning on hunting in this year?

• Home

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Burkina Faso

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Benin

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Mozambique

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Namibia

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Zambia

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
To go along with the thread of what hunts are you planning this year.
Sadly, there are not an unlimited number of choices. Please add the other options in your reply post.
I think this will be very interesting.

I know I'll be hunting at home this year and likely into the US.
I am still up in the air on Africa. :sneaky:

This thread will just make me want and dream more!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it will be:

1) Home
2) And a possibility of either Namibia, Zimbabwe, or Benin(this one would technically be next Jan or Feb)

@BRICKBURN ,

Sorry if I will skew the results based on my multiple choice answer in the poll, but a guys gotta dream

@BRICKBURN ,

Sorry if I will skew the results based on my multiple choice answer in the poll, but a guys gotta dream

It's been left open for multiple replies because many people hunt multiple countries in one year.

Home certainly, Namibia maybe.

1. Island of Kauai ("Hawaiian boar").
2. Central Namibia (steinbok to eland).

Home (upland birds, pigs, deer, and possibly bison this year), South Africa (PG), and Argentina (Dove) all in 2017.

Trying to figure out whats on the menu for 2018 already.. Im guessing we'll not travel outside the US in 2018.. but we may look hard at something outside of TN, TX, and CO (where we normally hunt "at home") and try to hit either Alaska or maybe something in the Great Plains area that year...

Home, South Africa(May '17) and Namibia(November '17).

Too many great deals on AH this year to pass up! I don't know that I'll ever catch up with Hank, but that's a good goal!

Texas for sure and maybe Zim or Nam.... :E Confused:

NZ for me. Got a leave pass for a 6 day backpack hunt at the tail end of the roar. Will try and get high and hunt the bush edge and tops. Will target red stags and maybe chamois.
Just got to get fit now.

Home more than ever as I have sign of black bear on my new property, turkeys all over the place, pheasant and grouse, white tails to the point I may need to bring in family and friends to thin them out. Fair amount of small game and pretty sure I've got predators around.

Plus I just bought some farm land in KS and last time down there spotted a group of 20 some Mule Deer. And the quail had a great year, hope they do again next year... Also dove, coyotes, jack rabbits. I'd also love to go chase a free range aoudad someplace...

Canada, particularly BC again is on my wish list for mountain lion and lynx, and would love to get a wolf!

As for Africa, wide open but moving towards the top of the list is a bongo hunt.

NZ and Australia are also calling, so many hunts to do, so little time....

British Columbia (bear), Montana (sharptail), South Carolina (quail and tower pheasants), Texas (deer), and Mozambique (Buff)

Here at home for me this year, turkeys, whitetail deer and hogs if they cross my path.

Reactions: cls
home, RSA and maybe someone will tempt me with a nice cheap last minute or cancelation leopard in Namibia or any where ;)

East Cape, RSA
and Home with possibly another state... depending on income and what tags get drawn.

Reactions: cls
British Columbia (bear), Montana (sharptail), South Carolina (quail and tower pheasants), Texas (deer), and Mozambique (Buff)
Between you and @ActionBob I need to become your ammunition supplier for the upcoming year!

Home, Mozambique. Looking at a trip to Russian or the Czech republic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg