Which Bullet Weight For Eland?

Wikipedia does not work in Africa when it comes to caliber designation....what fits in the chamber and what is stamped on the rifle is the caliber not the bore size.....and yes you cannot take 2 x 375 H&H rifles but you can take a 375 H&H and a 375 H&H AI......if you want it is not the same caliber
And which countries does this pertain to? We are headed to Tanzania in a few months and my understanding is that it’s fine to bring 2 of the exact same cartridge/caliber into Tanzania. In my case, it’ll be 2-375 H&H rifles.

And which countries does this pertain to? We are headed to Tanzania in a few months and my understanding is that it’s fine to bring 2 of the exact same cartridge/caliber into Tanzania. In my case, it’ll be 2-375 H&H rifles.
South Africa has that built into their fire arm regulations....

Should I get the opportunity , I'd take my 9.3x62, and use either Nosler 250 grain Accubonds, or Woodleigh 250 PPs . They should do quite well...

I would suggest 338 with 225 grain Bullets that produce the highest energy in that caliber.
Suggest Woodleigh protected points.
It is remarkable how many of our members on this forum suggest Woodleigh bullets, on African plains game especially. Specifically during a time where newly aerodynamic developed bullets are available everywhere. Seems to me the toughness of these bullets just fit the bill on plains game....and even other places in the world too! No doubt these bullets will not disappoint on eland. Let's hear what other members say about these bullets, especially on eland, and the distances these bullets performed for them.

I used a 180 grain Woodleigh PP out of a 338 federal to shoot an elk @ 440 yards, mule deer @ 623, and antelope @ 589 yards. The mule deer and elk were one shot kills. The antelope was 2 shots. Only 1 bullet was recovered and it was from the mule deer. It did not open up. I could have reloaded it again.

Just put one in an Eland myself last week. 375 Ruger with a 299gr Shock Hammer. 2650 fps. Devestating effects at 75 yards and anchored him hard.

IMG_5539.jpeg

I’ve personally only shot 3 eland, two with 300 gr Swift A-Frames (.375 H&H), and one with 286 gr Swift A-Frames (9.3x62). Ranges were longer than normal. In each case performance was outstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross