Where to go for water buffalo and blackbuck

gozz21

Reaction score
Wondering what suggestions you have for outfitters in Argentina for waterbuffalo and blackbuck. I have heard horror stories of not getting trophies back or getting back in poor condition so I want to avoid this.

Also what is approximate shipping costs to get trophies back to the US? I have shipped trophies from Africa and New Zealand and was wondering how they compare.

Thanks for your help

Next march I'm heading to TGB outfitters in Argentina. I have a couple friends that hunted with them 2 years ago and said it was great, they took a MONSTER red stag and a nice buff. I'm pretty sure they got it shipped back, but I didn't ask specifics about any of that (although they also didn't say anything bad about it either - all good)

Look at Algar.

Wondering what suggestions you have for outfitters in Argentina for waterbuffalo and blackbuck. I have heard horror stories of not getting trophies back or getting back in poor condition so I want to avoid this.

Also what is approximate shipping costs to get trophies back to the US? I have shipped trophies from Africa and New Zealand and was wondering how they compare.

Thanks for your help

For good Asian buffalo
Go to the Northern Territory in Australia
Best hunting times now to October
The big wet comes in December to March or thereabouts
November should be ok but vey hot

Any offers that anybody has please post them up too

Thanks
Jason

Best of luck finding someone. Should be a great adventure. Keep us posted.

I have a great Outfitter for dove and duck hunting in Argentina they have cheap price not even close to does 5k for 5 days with nothing included. This guys are cheap and great hunts they do they have water bufalo but i never hunt that with them i can say nothing.

@ROCKET

Can help you out I believe. And he has some references here too.

I plan on becoming one of them at some point. :)

@gozz21 , there are lots of outffiters here in Argentina offering Blackbuck and Water Buffalo hunting in different Provinces.
Many of them are capable to offer a good hunting to you and some nice trophies for the money you will spend.

Blackbuck hunting could be easy or very difficult depending how lucky you be that day.........mostly is ussual to get them in a hunting day and if you do in the propper way, walking, allways is a challenging hunt.

Also you must to know that the Water Buffalo We hunt here is not the same Buffalo that exist in Australia......these are a different subspecie with smaller horns.

Trophie from this last March......average bull......

IMG-20170410-WA0068.jpg

Blackbuck........

2016-03-18 17.03.50-1.jpg

Good luck and good hunting........

I like that buff

Thank you very much @Ragman , Blackbucks are allways a well desired trophie and they looks gorgeous in the trophie room......

The same Blackbuck with his hunter I have guided in that hunt......Mr Mc Guire....

2016-03-18 17.05.40.jpg

I would prefer a wider one, but I would never let him pass on that long one.......:D

See you....!!!!

I like that buff

Not bad Charly.....it is possible to do better about size in some fields.....they cost some more money.......:sneaky:

As I said.....different specie than the Australian Buffalo.......allways smaller talking about horns........not about body and weight measurement.......they can reach 1200 kilos......!!!!!

Charly......I have the chance now to wish to you a great Hippo hunt at @Pawprint Safaris this year and very anxious waiting for the final report of your hunt........!!!!!!

Shoot straight.........(y)

Not bad Charly.....it is possible to do better about size in some fields.....they cost some more money.......:sneaky:

As I said.....different specie than the Australian Buffalo.......allways smaller talking about horns........not about body and weight measurement.......they can reach 1200 kilos......!!!!!

Charly......I have the chance now to wish to you a great Hippo hunt at @Pawprint Safaris this year and very anxious waiting for the final report of your hunt........!!!!!!

Shoot straight.........(y)
Thank you @ROCKET ! I will share with everyone.

Prickly Pear Outfitters had some nice blackbuck. I was hog hunting, but saw a decent one. They are south of Uvalde TX

And since we are talking blackbuck, this gives me an excuse to post a picture.
20161111_184343.jpg

I hunted with TGB in 2015. Two stags and two blackbucks with skull and capes was $2,400 Argentine side plus $800 from our broker for two hunters - to San Francisco. I would hunt with Algar. TGB is high fence for all species. With free range and high suuccess for buffalo,blackbuck,boar mostly. They would not let me hunt free range blackbuck until I told them i wont shoot one- last day Alejandro caved in. Shot a beauty. Unfortunately, my wife got her very average one in high fence. They just did not want to make the 2 hour drive(one way) to the beautiful free range ranch. Keith Atchenson in Butte, Montana books Algar or contact direct. One advantage with Atcheson is he holds the money for both sides. Have used him for Africa hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!