Where to buy Federal ammunition 9,3x74R

Bushpig4Ever

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Germany, Slovenia, Sardinia, England, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Hi, I‘m based in South Africa regularly travel to Germany. I need the following Federal ammo: 9,3x74R 286 grs Swift A-Frame and 286 grs Woodleigh Hydro Solid. 40 cartridges Swift and 20 Woodleigh, that‘s all I need.

Neither in South Africa nor in Germany can I find the stuff. PLEASE contact me in case you know where to get that ammo. Obviously I contacted all importers “Sorry, we cant‘t get the ammunition.“ I wonder why...

I will see what I can follow up through my gunshop in Cape Town... Parow Arms & Ammo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.14 AM.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.23 AM.png
    800.7 KB · Views: 194
Hi, I‘m based in South Africa regularly travel to Germany. I need the following Federal ammo: 9,3x74R 286 grs Swift A-Frame and 286 grs Woodleigh Hydro Solid. 40 cartridges Swift and 20 Woodleigh, that‘s all I need.

Neither in South Africa nor in Germany can I find the stuff. PLEASE contact me in case you know where to get that ammo. Obviously I contacted all importers “Sorry, we cant‘t get the ammunition.“ I wonder why...
Where are you located in RSA? Have you checked Kloppers and Die Skietwinkel in Blomfontein?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 9.04.57 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
I‘m in Hermanus, Western Cape, the most famous place for whale watching

Just reload with Rhinos. 300 gr bullets if you like.

I‘m in Hermanus, Western Cape, the most famous place for whale watching
Can you buy from a U.S. Supplier? Natchez ships international but for what it cost to reload, that would probably be a cheaper way to go.

Check out what SafariOutdoor has to offer. I was only there once, but was amazed at the wide range of ammo in their inventory. You may be able to do this online. If they don't have what you need perhaps they can order it for you.

I have asked the big shops, not in stock and not worthwhile to order. Seems they don‘t like Federal. Maybe one of you from the US can bring me three boxes :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.37.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.37.45 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 167
I would still look into re-loading and using Rhino bullets.

I have lots of Sellier & Bellot, RWS and Blaser ammo I got with my 9.3x74R. I just reload them with Rhinos as I go along.

They make the best premium grade bullets available.
286 and 300 gr in expanders as well as 286 gr solids.

Wow, thanks to all of you. Just contacted Zimbi. Recently moved, my reloading equipment is in a warehouse... There is no decent shooting range nearby, therefore reloading isn‘t an option at the moment.

Where are you based? I am in Cape Town... can get ammo and deliver to you if you are far away. Try ZIMBI, as per IvW post... if not happy let me know. my son is already on this and looking

Bruce, thanks, I‘m an hour from Cape Town, have already contacted Zimbi, should get an answer tomorrow.

Is this a great forum or what? :A Big Hello:

Bruce, thanks, I‘m an hour from Cape Town, have already contacted Zimbi, should get an answer tomorrow.
Hi,
I am currently in Brazil, but my son in the gun shop has done the research etc.. NO Woodleighs at all coming into RSA!!!
ALL he can get is RWS solids in 293gr

Bruce, you and the others are great, thank you so much. I even asked Woodleigh’s head office, they don’t know who loads there bullets... Extremely odd. Those RWS solid bullets are not real, I mean RWS doesn’t produce them.

Bruce, you and the others are great, thank you so much. I even asked Woodleigh’s head office, they don’t know who loads there bullets... Extremely odd. Those RWS solid bullets are not real, I mean RWS doesn’t produce them.
Did you come right with ZIMBI?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinegambling-review

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you