Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
Where is the Sengwa area? Ray is putting me on a buff there but i can't find it on the map.

And where is Omay North and South?

TOM,
The Omay safari area is situated North along the shores of Lake Kariba between the Ume River to the East and the Sengwa River to the West. The Matusadona National Park also makes up a considerable portion of the Omay's boundary in the East and a portion of it's northern boundary. The Omay Communal Land hunting concessions encompasses some 2,000,000 acres.

See attached map indicating the Omay safari area as well as part of the Ume and Sengwa Rivers.

Attachments

• omay_safari_area.gif
    omay_safari_area.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,020
Thanks Jerome! So if i'm hunting around the Sengwa area, that would probably be just west of the river?

Hunting in Zimbabwe

You will be hunting East to the Sengwa River in the CAMPFIRE area (on Communal Land). The Omay safari area where hunting safaris takes place is basically located between the two rivers (Sengwa and Ume Rivers).

Please confirm this with Ray as I do not know the exact details of his arrangements with you, the area is really vast.

Chirisa hunting area is shown on the map just South of Omay safari area.

Zimbabwe Communal (tribal) Land (CAMPFIRE area)
Communal (tribal) Lands are traditionally held by indigenous people. Government grants authority to local District Councils to assume responsibility for the management and utilization of the wildlife. With assistance from National Parks the council decides on a sustainable annual quota of animals to be hunted and offers them to safari (hunting) operators on a tender basis. The funds thus generated go to benefit local development, such as building bridges and schools and installing grinding mills, and also to compensate local families whose crop production has been reduced by marauding wildlife. This scheme is known as CAMPFIRE (Communal Areas management Plan For Indigenous Resources).
- Within the parameters of various wildlife protection laws, the safari operator set the standard of what he considers ethical.
- On hunting designated Communal (tribal) Land, trophy hunting may take place within the hours of daylight during the hunting season.
- Hunting is allowed at night for nocturnal species such as Lion, Leopard, Bushpig, etc. and the use of artificial light and night vision scopes is permitted.
- Hunting with a handgun is permitted.
- Bowhunting is permitted.

For a lot more information on hunting in Zimbabwe click here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!