Where & How In Zimbabwe &/ Or South Africa Can l Buy - CZ550 Safari Magnum Rifle (DG) chambered in .

Ekhaya2000

Reaction score
1) l am currently based in London, U.K.
2) Having done my RESEARCH (thanx to Africa Hunting Forums), found that the Safari Rifle ideal for me now is a CZ550 Safari Magnum chambered in .375 H & H or .404 Jeffery ?
3) Availability & Reasonable Pricing CZ550 Safari Magnum Rifle (DG) is virtually non-existent in London, U.K. (exception being H & H), (In U.S.A), CZ is well established. Here there's nothing. Closest CZ Rifle Shop is in Prague.
4) If l was to purchase the Rifles from U.S.A. / Prague, importing them, tax duty e.t.c. would be a nightmare l believe for me.
5) URGENTLY NEED HELP & ADVISE - It seems that the CZ Rifle is readily available in Zimbabwe / South Africa.
6) How are the Hunters & P.H.'s able to obtain these guns there? Who are the dealers?

Please help me or lead me in the right direction.
Your Sincerely,

Jake.:confused:

I'm not sure a non-citizen can purchase a rifle in either of those countries but I really don't know. Good question for sure. I'm sure someone will hop on and clear it up.

First of all am I sure about that you will at least be able to buy the gun in Germany and I would also guess you can buy it in France too.
Since you live in UK, I don't think you will need to pay much tax duty e.t.c. if any at all since Germany, France and the Czech Republic also are members of the EU if you import it from there.

First of all am I sure that you will at least be able to buy the gun in Germany and I would also guess you can buy it in France too.
Since you live in UK, I don't think you will need to pay much tax duty e.t.c. if any at all since Germany, France and the Czech Republic also are members of the EU if you import it from there.

Don't know about Zim but in SA you can't buy a gun without a specific license. You can't get a license unless you are a citizen or perm. resident.

1) l am currently based in London, U.K.
2) Having done my RESEARCH (thanx to Africa Hunting Forums), found that the Safari Rifle ideal for me now is a CZ550 Safari Magnum chambered in .375 H & H or .404 Jeffery ?
3) Availability & Reasonable Pricing CZ550 Safari Magnum Rifle (DG) is virtually non-existent in London, U.K. (exception being H & H), (In U.S.A), CZ is well established. Here there's nothing. Closest CZ Rifle Shop is in Prague.
4) If l was to purchase the Rifles from U.S.A. / Prague, importing them, tax duty e.t.c. would be a nightmare l believe for me.
5) URGENTLY NEED HELP & ADVISE - It seems that the CZ Rifle is readily available in Zimbabwe / South Africa.
6) How are the Hunters & P.H.'s able to obtain these guns there? Who are the dealers?

Please help me or lead me in the right direction.
Your Sincerely,

Jake.:confused:

I have about 3 clients that I know off from the UK that has bougth themselves CZ rifles in 550 one a 458 Lott I'm sure if you look around and ask around a bit more you will find the correct details and I'm sure there is a CZ agent in the UK. I remeber something like that vaguely when I was in the UK for marketing and have been on some of the shows.

i have a brand new 375 H H cz 550 magnum in stockholm , sweden which i am buisy importing, maybe you can take it over and i buy 1 in south africa.email me at shangwariafrica@yahoo.com if interested.
juan

edgar brothers are the uk importers for cz rifles they will be able to give you dealers names. as you are in london phone j.roberts gunmakers and they will be able to help you. they have supplied cz rifles to me in the past as well as lots of other rifles. phone no is 020 7622 1131. i have just spoken to mark at j. roberts and he informed me they have 2 cz .375s in stock at the moment. hope this is of help to you.

Hi, you can't buy the gun in Zim without exporting it directly! You may as well just order it from CZ direct! I suspect getting the import permit and licencing for the UK may prove the biggest challenge!
Come on splash out a little and buy from H&H!!:)

edgar brothers are the uk importers for cz rifles they will be able to give you dealers names. as you are in london phone j.roberts gunmakers and they will be able to help you. they have supplied cz rifles to me in the past as well as lots of other rifles. phone no is 020 7622 1131. i have just spoken to mark at j. roberts and he informed me they have 2 cz .375s in stock at the moment. hope this is of help to you.

Their you go!

And welcome to AH by the way!

Thanx Spike. T, l owe u a big one !!! Maybe we go BIG 5 Hunting when l get the new Rifles for testing (On me Free of charge) :)

Thanx for the warm welcome RickB, U guys have been really helpful & l don't feel like a sitting duck

Gents... Dit klink net... Toe maar... I myself would not entertain any response or commentary on this thread at all, perhaps because im not qualified or experienced enough, maar lees net tussen die lyne.

Cheers,

Thanx Spike. T, l owe u a big one !!! Maybe we go BIG 5 Hunting when l get the new Rifles for testing (On me Free of charge) :)

jake no probs , pleasure i could help. i told marc that you might be getting in touch. if you need any more help/info just ask,:thumb: cheers.

Thats what I'm talking about Members helping Members. :thumb: :beer:

Buy it in UE!
You will be able to find it on the internet in France, then have it shipped to the UK. It may require a bit of paperwork (such as a UE gun passport) but it is achievable. Another option is to identify the gun in France/Germany, then have a UK gun dealer buy it for you and take care of import.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg