AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH, North American Hunt Club
Hunted
Canada, RSA
3E70B84D-075B-40DF-8E11-2EE16FEB67F0.jpeg

Such a perfect spot for moose! This was Thursday mornings watch. The trusty 358 Norma unfortunately never sounded off this year. 310 yards to the end of the marsh on the right, 125 yards out front and over 800 yards to the far left end.
1DAFD7D2-69CC-47F1-B638-9C2B2701BE6D.jpeg

Another very productive spot over the years, with ranges up to 325 yards.
My idea of paradise!

Nice photos where were you hunting?

Very picturesque!

Why couldn’t Canada look like that when I went for 6 months??

I think it had more to do with “where.” All I saw was the 401 and the inside of a factory/hotel. Stupid Covid.

@Boyd Brooks,

are you doing some calling as well? they should be in full rut, probably on the back side of the peak.
No I haven’t learned the art of the call. All the rest of the guys in camp can and do call. It’s on my to do list though.

I was wondering the same thing last week. Spent 10 days in the mountains west of Winter Park and Fraser. Only found 5 moose, all wearing headgear. Needed to find a cow but the only one seen someone else had found about 3-4 weeks earlier.

No I haven’t learned the art of the call. All the rest of the guys in camp can and do call. It’s on my to do list though.
you will have LOTS of time before next season and plenty of time before next weekend. look it up on you tube, it will add to the number of moose you see in that spot.

you will have LOTS of time before next season and plenty of time before next weekend. look it up on you tube, it will add to the number of moose you see in that spot.
Are moose tone deaf? If not they will clear out faster than the karaoke bar when I start up Bon Jovi’s “living on a prayer”!:A Outta:

@1dirthawker is right... Look it up on line and make it happen. When the switch flips and they are keyed in, it really works. I have called in a bunch for me and friends, including my bull this year. He wasn't there... I started calling... He was there, and trying to find me. It is worth your time to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg